Monday, November 30, 2015

Family Display Tray

This week I plan to post something every day that highlights one or more products that are Cyberweek Sale items available for 25% off until Friday, December 4, 2015 at 6:00 pm EST or while supplies last.


Today's project uses the 5" X 7" Hinged Display Tray. The tray is one of the CTMH Cyberweek Sale items.

5" X 7" Hinged Display Tray (Z1838)
The Hinged Display Tray is perfect for showcasing a child's year of school, a vacation, a celebration or any group of photos that you want to display on a desk, table or shelf. I dressed mine up with family memories.


Here is a closer look at the left side:


And the right side:


I used the writing feature available with Cricut® Design Space and the Explore to record the names, date of birth and date of death of each of my great-great-grandparent's children. My great-grandfather was their youngest child.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
Steps I took in Cricut® Design Space:
  • using insert shapes I added a square; I unlocked the proportions and set the width to 3.525" and the height to 2.55"; once I was happy with the size, I duplicated the shape so I had six on my mat, then I changed the shape color, the shape size was set to fit tightly enough in the Display Tray so adhesive is not necessary
  • using insert shapes I added a square; I unlocked the proportions and set the width to 3.525" and the height to 2.55", the shape size was set to fit tightly enough in the Display Tray so adhesive is not necessary
  • insert the shape Family - #M38777 - Artiste; unlocked the proportions and resized it so it looked nice on the rectangle without making the word hard to read
  • using add text, added the family name and established date in two different text boxes, changed the font to Artbooking, resized so it looked nice on the rectangle, welded the letters that looked like they would flow nicely together which also made it easier to attach to the background
  • using add text, added the children's names and DOB/DOD and created a caption for the photograph in two different text boxes, changed the font of Cricut® Alphabet, set the text to write and attached text to the background rectangles
  • insert the shape Flower - #M44903 and Flower - #M47643 - Art Philosophy and set the sizes to 1½", 2" or 2½"; I used the quilling tool to roll the flowers up
  • if you would like to start with my Design Space file you will find it here
Send me an email if you have questions about any CTMH products. When you are ready to place an order, the Shop Now button will take you there.


Please follow me on Facebook at Brenda's Paper Crafts for additional updates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.