Monday, January 2, 2017

Mirror and Candle Centerpiece

My niece is got married on December 31 and I created this mirror with candles so she and her fiancé (now husband) would have something to commemorate their wedding. I gave it to them on Christmas Eve since it would be difficult to wrap and transport to and from the wedding. They ended up displaying the tray next to their guestbook and placed the candles on their head table.


I found the mirror at Pier One (it was on clearance so I am not sure how hard it would be to find one). I was originally looking for a rectangular glass plate I could apply vinyl to the underside, but after searching three stores, I could not find one or anything that stuck me until finding this mirror. It is larger than I wanted, but I like how it turned out.

The last name is cut from Cricut® Denim vinyl using the font Hannah from Anna's Fancy Lettering (the line though the name is a reflection of an electric wire). The rest of the words are cut from Cricut® Silver Glitter Vinyl using the font Atlantis Heart designed by FeyDesign and available at FontBundles.net.


I found the candles at Hobby Lobby. They are flameless and made from real wax. Since the wedding colors were silver and blue, I covered the ivory candles with 6" Silver Glitter Tulle and added blue ribbon to the taller candle (both from Hobby Lobby His & Hers). I used small glue dots to help get the tulle started for wrapping the candle; I wrapped it twice and then I used Petite Pearlized Pins to hold the tulle in place. So wax would not transfer to the mirror, I cut "coasters" for each candle from navy cardstock using the image Doily Circle (#M472E3) from the Close To My Heart Cricut® Artbooking Collection (Z3169).


Here is a better look at the labels I added to the candle. The grey labels are also the Doily Circle reshaped cut from cardstock. I added narrow rectangular slices to thread the ribbon through. The ribbon wraps around the back of the candle and crisscrosses to help keep the label in place. The taller candle label has the image Mr & Mrs (#M108279B) from Lia's Floral Wedding Suite, the last name written in the Hannah font and Quirky Script was used for "Est. on" and the names on the other tags (I added a lower case b and reversed it to make the D look more like we expect it to look). Unfortunately I do not remember and cannot easily find the font I used for the date on the taller candle. I used the darker blue pen from a Pilot Precise V5 Rolling Ball Multi Pack to write on the tags. The ribbon is a narrower version of the ribbon I used to cover the taller candle.

I hope the bride and groom enjoy this set to commemorate their wedding for many years to come.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea! I'm looking for ideas for centerpieces to make for a friend's son's rehearsal dinner & this idea would be great. If I didn't use the glass, it would a slightly less formal look appropriate for the rehearsal. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you find something you love to substitute for the mirrored tray. Please share a link to photos of your creation. Happy crafting!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.