The SOTM for March 2015, Choose Happy, is a D-size set of 14 stamps that is only $5 with a qualifying purchase.
You should have arrived here from ***Crafty Happy by Darlys Recker***. If you get lost along the way, a complete list of participants is always listed at Melinda Everitt's If You Bling It.
I was having a hard time thinking of how I wanted to use this stamp set, but in mid-February I was sitting in a meeting and the discussion shifted to a topic that did not apply to me and viola, I had a idea. I bet the people around me were wondering why I kept flipping to the back of my notepad and sketching. I actually went home that night and started creating something with scraps to keep the idea fresh in my mind.
After a couple of previous attempts, this is what I ended up with (watch for my earlier creations later this month). I hope you like it.
And inside the card:
Before you visit the next blog on the hop, ***Evergreen Memories and Art by Michele Rowley***, additional information about how my project was created is below.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- My Acrylix™ March 2015 SOTM: Choose Happy Stamp Set (S1503)
- My Acrylix™ Assorted Edges Stamp Set (D1635)
- My Acrylix™ Lovely Birthday Stamp Set (B1462)
- 12" x 12" Colonial White Cardstock (1388)
- 12" x 12" Pear Cardstock (X5764)
- 12" x 12" Topiary Cardstock (X5635)
- 12" x 12" Pixie Cardstock (X5773)
- Brushed Paper Packet (X7190B)
- Slate Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2173)
- Pear Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2197)
- Topiary Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2155)
- Hollyhock Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2128)
- ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Markers
- Pastel Green (Z2459)
- Leaf Green (Z2454)
- Turquoise Blue (Z2465)
- Golden Yellow (Z2452)
- Tender Pink (Z2464)
- Scallop Border Punch (Z1851)
- Stripe Embossing Folder (Z1960)
- Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- Score Board (Z1937)
- Cricut® Art Philosophy Collection (Z1686)
- #M4047F - "Scalloped" Oval - pg 52; ungroup the image and delete the "frame" layer, rotate the image to 90 degrees, unlock the image and set the width to 3" and the height to 2.7"
- #M4734D - Oval - pg 42; rotate the image to 90 degrees, unlock the image and set the width to 2.85" and the height to 2.58"
- Cricut® Artiste Collection (Z1790)
- #M39081 - Card - pg 52; unlock the image and set the width to 10" and the height to 7"
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cricut® Design Space, Cricut® Explore
- Cricut® Design Space file - this file will work if you have the Art Philosophy and Artiste cartridges linked to your account
I hope you like my card. I love to read comments so if you have a moment, please let me know what think of my creation. So you do not have to scroll up, the next stop on the hop is ***Evergreen Memories and Art by Michele Rowley***. Thanks again for visiting today.