The SOTM for June 2015, Ice Cream Dream, is a D-size set of 7 stamps that is only $5 with a qualifying purchase. Here are the stamps in the set:
You should have arrived here from ***Living, Loving, Laughing 4 Life by Lela Norris***. If you get lost along the way, a complete list of participants is always listed at Melinda Everitt's If You Bling It.
Here are the pieces that make up my card:
And here they come together into my card:
And here is a close-up of the sentiment where I used the Crafting Technique A Bit of Blot shown on page 55 of Annual Inspirations. I recently followed the A Bit of Blot blog hop (it started here) and I was very inspired by it and could not resist trying it here.
Before you visit ***Carol Taggio's Crafty Carol***, additional information about how my project was created is below.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- My Acrylix™ June 2015 SOTM: Ice Cream Dream Stamp Set (S1506)
- 12" x 12" White Daisy Cardstock (1385)
- 12" x 12" Canary Cardstock (X5772)
- Whimsy Cardstock Combo Pack (X5940) - canary chevron piece
- Confetti Wishes Paper Packet (X7189B)
- Slate Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2173)
- Pear Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2197)
- Canary Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2643)
- Thistle Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2640)
- Pixie Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2644)
- ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ markers in the following colors:
- Black (Z2446)
- Warm Grey 7 (Z2468)
- Warm Grey 4 (Z2467)
- Clay (Z2451)
- Pastel Peach (Z2460)
- Barely Beige (Z2445)
- Light Orange (Z2455)
- Marigold (Z2457)
- Golden Yellow (Z2452)
- Turquoise Blue (Z2465)
- Cerulean Blue Light (Z2449)
- Peony Purple (Z2462)
- Colorless Blender (Z2469)
- Sponge Daubers (Z726) or Value Pack of 12 (Z1938)
- Spray Pen (Z1380)
- 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
- Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060)
- Liquid Glass (Z679)
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cricut® Design Space, Cricut® Explore, Glass Cutting Mat, Craft Knife
- If you would like to use it, my Cricut® Design Space cutting file is here. If you use the file, I ask that you please leave me a comment letting me know if you found it useful (with a link back to your project if you posted a photo online) and, rather than sharing the file, you direct people here for the link.
Here is a screen shot of my Cricut® Design Space cutting file. All of the images are from the "Insert Shapes" on the left bar (including the ice cream) so this file will be free for anyone to use. I kept adding circles, re-sized them without the proportions locked and welded them to create the ice cream. I was inspired by and used the Pull Slider Card Tutorial for Repeat Impressions Stamps by For the Love of Cardmaking by Deonna Bemish to learn this card technique.
In the end I trimmed the edges of my slider mechanism and made it more square. Trimming it allowed the ice cream truck to get closer to either edge of the card. In hindsight, I might not trim the right side of the mechanism so the dog enjoying ice cream does not get "run over". Either that or I would leave the dog off the card. What do you think?
I really enjoyed creating with this stamp set and I have several other cards created. One was created using the Watercolor Pencils (3505) and water brush (retired) and one was created using the Blending Pen (3174) with Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pads. Since my blog post is already so long I will share those cards over the next few days.
If you are not already working with a CTMH Independent Consultant, you may purchase all of the supplies I used at my Online Business Address.
I love to read comments so if you have a moment, please let me know what think of my card. So you do not have to scroll up, the next stop on the hop is ***Carol Taggio's Crafty Carol***.