Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Improvising and Blogoversary Blog Candy

When preparing my project for my Blogoversary I could not put my hands on my stamp positioner tool. I knew if I tried to find it I might be pulling an all-nighter. You see, I craft either on a folding table in my unfinished basement or on my living room floor (as the distressing ink stain on the carpet shows) and most of my supplies get boxed back up and put on industrial-like shelving when not in use. Since it has been some time since I used the tool, well, let's say I'm not sure which box it ended up in. I plan to finish my basement and have an awesome craft room as soon as possible; maybe the budget will allow this year. :-)

Since I could not find that tool, I had to improvise. I knew I wanted to stamp a one line stamp on two lines. What I ended up doing is stamping on a scrap piece of paper and then centering the die-cut I wanted to stamp on above the word (or words) I planned to stamp. I also masked the actual stamp with a different scrap of paper (just by wrapping the paper around the stamp) so I would be certain to not get any ink where I did not want it; I have viewed blog posts where people have masked with tape.


Viola. I hope if you lose your stamp positioner tool on your desk (or your kids or dog take off with it - my kittens will take anything if they can fit their jaw around it - I have to watch them like a hawk), you will find this helpful.

On to the blog candy winner from Julie's Blogoversary Blog Hop. Random.org selected the 8th comment on that post which is..... 
by belle who left this comment on March 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM:
Beautiful flowers my friend!!! I love seeing your work!!

I'll keep the actual contents of the blog candy a surprise (don't you love fun mail?), but will say there is a stamp set in the envelope. I hope by belle will like her package.

Thanks again to everyone that took the time to hop and leave comments along the way. I am hearing rumors we will hop again in 2014 (unless we can find a reason to hop sooner).

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! That's me!!! Great work Brenda and thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You're very welcome. Thanks for hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you blogging away! Like your masking technique. I'm glad to see you are making time for craft-therapy! Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.