Sunday, March 3, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013 Cards

If you stopped by looking for Julie's Blogoversary Blog Hop it is the next post down.

I'm posting these long after the holiday, but thought I'd share anyway. Here are the Valentine's Day cards I created for my nieces who are 17 and 18 years old.

This card uses the CTMH January 2013 SOTM stamp set. I was leaning toward not purchasing that stamp set until I saw the SOTM blog hop that typically starts at Life is Like a Bowl of Stamps. Take a look at the hop or my Pinterest Board and you'll see why the talented crafters on that hop convienced me that I needed to purchase this stamp set.


I used a card base and black strip of paper I had on hand and cardstock and inks from CTMH. The sentiment stamp is from the CTMH Whooo's Your Valentine kit and the punch is Martha Stewart Crafts.

I carried the border punch to the inside:


I used a Stampin' Up stamp for the sentiment.

My next card was inspired by a card in the CTMH Workshops On The Go® For Always Cardmaking Kit.


I used a card base and black strip of paper I had on hand and paper from Basic Gray's Little Black Dress. The stamps are from the CTMH Whooo's Your Valentine kit and an Anna Griffin collection (background behind the strips of paper).


I used some of the Little Black Dress paper and the Stampin' Up stamp on the inside.

I hope you like the cards. Thanks for stopping by today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.