Monday, October 13, 2014

Mother's Day Scene Card Inspired by Annual Inspirations

This card is inspired by a card found on page 141 of Annual Inspirations.


I started by placing the Happy Mother's Day Scene Card (#M1317EA) from Artfully Sent on my Cricut® Design Space mat. I set the height to 7 inches which automatically set the width to 9.91 inches. I ungrouped the image to use hide contour feature to remove the script sentiment. I used the Artiste (Z1790) font to add the sentiment and attached the greeting to the scalloped layer.


I used a Banner (#M4613F) from Art Philosophy (Z1686) for the back of the floral cut out. I ungrouped and deleted the frame, then I duplicated, flipped and welded it to create a scalloped circle. I then sized it to about 2 inches to fit behind the floral cut-out. Before cutting, I added a Heart (#M474AB), also from Art Philosophy, and again ungrouped and deleted the frame, then set it to write and used a Cricut® Midnight Antiquities Pen to create the image. I placed the cardstock upside down on my mat to cut. After cutting I stamped the "You" from A True Thank You (M1029; retired) using a Lagoon Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2195). Before attaching the circle to the card, I penciled the outline of the leaves and placed scraps of green cardstock on the scalloped circle covering the outline. I also stamped "I Love You!" using Lagoon ink using a stamp from the Artfully Sent collection (Z3017). I used Lagoon Washi Tape (Z1850; retired) along the fold and covered a scrap of White Daisy cardstock with the tape to create a banner. The banners behind the scallop rectangle were hand cut from scraps.

If you would like to create similar cards and are ready to place an order or would like to research any product, the Shop Now button will take you there.


If you have any product or promotion questions, do not hesitate to email me. You will also find me on Facebook as Brenda's Paper Crafts.

Before you leave please comment which would earn you one entry into my giveaway. All of the details can be found here. Thanks for coming by to see what I shared today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.