If you are visiting from Crafting with Carol by Carol Loftus then you are on the right track. Carol is also our hostess and her blog is the beginning of our hop.
For our Dreamin' Big Blog Hop I created this card.
I stamped two of the insects and the sentiment with VersaMark and embossed with clear powder to create a resist. Then I used my sponge daubers to ink the cardstock. When I inked the lady bug and dragonfly I selectively tapped the stamp to the ink pads to stamp with multiple colors at one time. I used the journaling pen to add details to the ladybug.
Even in this tighter photo it is hard to see, but I used the shimmer brush to add a little shimmer to the circles in the wings of the dragonfly. I also lightly touched the top floral-like image in the butterfly with the shimmer brush. I lightly bent the wings on the insects and only applied the foam tape to the centers so the wings could be free.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- Dreamin' Big Paper Packet (X7218B)
- Dreamin’ Big Cardmaking Thin Cuts Bundle (Z3303)
- 12" x 12" cardstock color: White Daisy (1385)
- 5½" × 4¼" White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack (X254)
- Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad colors: Glacier (Z2841), Goldrush (Z2823), Juniper (Z2865), Saffron (Z2851), Slate (Z2873), Sorbet (Z2865), Whisper (Z2872)
- Sponge Dauber (3-pack - Z726) or (value pack of 12 - Z1938)
- Shimmer Brush—Clear (Z3293)
- Black Memento™ Ink Pad (Z899)
- VersaMark™ Ink Pad (Z891)
- Ranger™ Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder (Z2088)
- Craft Heater (Z555)
- Marvy® Uchida® LePen™ Journaling Pen (Z1979)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060)
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cuttlebug
If you are not already working with a CTMH Independent Consultant, you may purchase all of the supplies I used at my Online Business Address.
Before you head to see what Dresses and Spurs by Erica Haskin created, please take a moment to let me know what you think of my card. I love to read your comments and I hope you are finding many ideas for using the Dreamin' Big collection.
Here is a copy of the blog hop list. As soon as possible I will update this table so clicking the blog address will take you directly to each person's Dreamin' Big blog post.
|Brenda Lapp - you are here||http://centralnyscrapper.blogspot.com/|
Thank you for hopping with us today!