Friday, December 29, 2017

December Stamp of the Month with Basics Fundamentals

This month the CTMH Corporate Artists created some wonderful items using the December SOTM, A Little Bit of Pun, and the featured paper, Basics Fundamentals.


This artwork is in addition the artwork published in Holiday Expressions. The Corporate Artists created this single-page layout, two cards and a 3-D picture frame.

If you would like to create something similar, the required supplies are:




Please click on the images above if they are too small to read; if you would like a PDF of the recipes, you will find it here.

In this season of gift giving, I was inspired by the gift boxes. I tried to find a Cricut cut to make all of the boxes, but I was unable to find a cut on a CTMH cartridge to make the long rectangular (necklace) box. I was able to find two options for the smaller boxes. I think the gift you intend to place inside and how much cardstock you want to devote to creating boxes will determine which box you like better.

Even cut at 11½" wide, two of this style box will fit on one sheet of cardstock. There is also the added bonus that because you do not glue the bottom, this box can be folded down so you could reuse it if you would like.


I changed this box a bit. I used the slice and weld features in Cricut Design space to make the opening less decorative.


Here is my creation using the box #M3D370 in Cricut Design Space cut at 11½" wide. Rather than knot the ribbon, I used a glue dot to hold the top ribbon layer in place.


Here is a My Acrylix® Stamp Scrubber next to the box so you can estimate how large an item will fit in this box:


There is also extra room from side-to-side when the scrubber is in the box.

All supplies I used to create this card are from Close To My Heart:
The December SOTM is available until 11:59pm MST on December 31st. Once the clock strikes midnight and the ball drops in Salt Lake City, the stamp set will be gone forever. If you decide you would like to purchase the stamp set for $5 with a qualifying purchase, add the other items to your cart and then add the SOTM from the green Promotional Items area of your shopping cart.

I hope you like my version of the gift box. Thank you for stopping by today and  have a wonderful New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.