Saturday, March 31, 2018

Die-namite Thank You

Today's card is a recent Thank You card I created. I used the Cross-stitch Love Stamp + Thin Cuts (Z4165) that is 25% off until 11:59pm Mountain Daylight Time today.


I started with a card from a White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack (X254). The background paper is from Gimme Some Sugar Paper Packet (X7228B). I used the Thin Cuts—Ribbon Border (Z3349) and Bashful Glitter Paper (Z3360) to cut the ribbon. I stamped Thanks using a Heather Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2826) on Bashful Cardstock (X5941). The roses were stamped with a Blossom Exclusive Inks™ (Z2810) and a Lemon Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pads (Z2808); the leaves were stamped with Juniper Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2865). I used a Cricut® Cuttlebug™ to cut with my Thin Cuts. The Cuttlebug is available at Level 1 of Hostess Rewards; see page 4 of Annual Inspirations 2017-2018.

I also wanted to create an Easter card based on a bunny pancake I saw, but I ran out of time. I did create a prototype bunny:


So I am on my way to having my 2019 Easter Cards created. [insert big grin; we all know I will be up late the day before they need to be mailed finishing them up]

It was inspired by this post about Easter Brunch ideas, where they made bunny pancakes. I saw the pancakes on Pinterest first (if you visit the pin, but sure to scroll down for the bunny facing forward - something like it could also be created using die cuts). The cardstock in this sample is White Daisy and I inked using Bamboo (retired). The ears were cut from the Falling for You Scrapbooking Stamp + Thin Cuts (Z4044), the head, body and tail were cut from Basic Circles (Z3318) and the feet from Basic Ovals (Z3328); all are on sale until 11:59pm MDT today. The sole and toes are stamped using Gingerbread Friends (Z3378). I hope you like this idea and please post a link to your creations if you get a chance to make something.

I also wanted to create a snowman based one I was inspired by way back in 2011. It was created by Corrie Wagner. I pinned the card, but the blog where it was shared, she was a guest designer, is no longer available. Fortunately Corrie watermarked her card and I could find a similar card on her blog.

If you know of a way to squeeze more crafting time into a day, I would love to hear how. I have more inspiration than I have time to get it down onto paper. Unfortunately I know that I am not the only one in this situation.

To see all of the Thin Cuts that are on sale until 11:59pm MDT today, please visit the promotions page of my Consultant Website. Add the Thin Cuts from the Promotions page or the green area of your shopping cart to be certain the discounted amount is what you are paying. I'm seeing that the cart is being quirky and some of the links I shared above are not showing the discounted price you should find until the end of today.

Have a Happy Easter or Happy Passover. I hope you have a chance to have quality time celebrating with family. Thanks for visiting today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.