Tuesday, February 1, 2022

CTMH Here's the Story SOTM Blog Hop - February 2022

Welcome to the February 2022 SOTM Blog Hop featuring the stamp set Here's the Story. There are almost fifteen CTMH Makers sharing projects created with the CTMH Stamp Of The Month Here's the Story. Keep clicking links to visit the next blog (often found near the bottom of a post) to complete the entire hop.

Here's the Story - February 2022 SOTM
Here's the Story - February 2022 SOTM

You should have arrived here from ***Krista's Crafty Blog***. If you encounter any problems along the way, Melinda Everitt keeps a list of the blog hop participants at her blog If You Bling It.

Here's the Story Stamp Set
Here's the Story Stamp Set

For the Here's the Story blog hop I created this layout. I looked through some sample one-page sketches, but no particular pattern caught my eye, so I started moving some scraps around on a piece of 12" x 12" Shortbread cardstock until I found something pleasing to my eye. I hope you find it pleasing to your eye too.

page created with Here's the Story
page created with Here's the Story

I had this photo taken with both of my parents, my aunt and three of her children (their father was my father's twin). I thought this stamp set would work beautifully with this photo.

close-up of page created with Here's the Story
close-up of page created with Here's the Story

For the hidden journaling I planned to use the Border Tab Thin Cuts (CC9206) or the Tabs Thin Cuts (Z3983) for the pull tab, however I am in the midst of organizing and purging some craft supplies and I was not able to find either set, so I cut two circles and added them to the front and back at the top of a White Daisy rectangle. So people would know where to find the journaling, I used the hearts from Perfectly Imperfect Patterns, placed them on the block so they made a semi-circle that would point to the tab. I also used a stamp from Seasonal Border Tab (CC102010) to stamp "PULL" on the circle (if you do not have Seasonal Border Tab, Border Tab (CC9204) has the word pull on it); unfortunately both stamp sets are retired.

close-up of page created with Here's the Story
close-up of page created with Here's the Story

I used the lighter side of Shortbread for the page base and the darker side of Shortbread for the Mighty Oak Thin Cut. I used Perfectly Imperfect Patterns with Shortbread ink so the background would not be so plain and to highlight the photo.

I had hoped to use Teeny Tiny Type (A1243) for my date, but when I pulled it out, I realized there are no numbers on the set. My mind is so jumbled from being pulled in so many different directions that it was not until I sat down to write this that I thought of using Teeny Tiny Type with the numbers on Here's the Story. Isn't that always the way things go? I think the two stamp sets combined would have fit in the oval much nicer.

Before you leave for ***CatScrapbooking***, the supplies I used to create my project are listed here.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

If you are not working with a CTMH Maker, you may purchase the supplies I used at my eCommerce website.

I hope you are enjoying the page I created with Here's the Story — February Stamp of the Month. If you have a few moments, please let me know what you think of this page. Thank you for hopping with us!

So you do not have to scroll up for the link, the next blog on our hop is ***CatScrapbooking***.

9 comments:

  1. What a great use of these images! Love the pull tab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stamp set is perfect for your occasion and resulting artwork! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely layout and great use of the labels in this set! Love your hidden journaling idea too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts and I love how you used this stamp set in it. Works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ALL the uses you did here...love seeing layouts on these hops too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY Pleasing! Yes, you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it, pleasing indeed! Organizing is great after its organized. But the process is a crazy mess. Forgotten images on a stamp set happen more then I care to say. �� �� ��

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.