Tuesday, March 1, 2022

CTMH You're the G.O.A.T. SOTM Blog Hop - March 2022

Welcome to the March 2022 SOTM Blog Hop featuring the stamp set You're the G.O.A.T. There are about ten CTMH Makers sharing projects created with the CTMH Stamp Of The Month You're the G.O.A.T. Keep clicking the links (often found near the bottom of a post) to visit the next blog and complete the entire hop. 

You're the G.O.A.T. Blog Hop (March 2022 SOTM)
You're the G.O.A.T. Blog Hop (March 2022 SOTM)

You should have arrived here from ***Kim Loewen's Blog***. If you encounter any problems along the way, Melinda Everitt keeps a list of the blog hop participants at her blog If You Bling It. 

You're the G.O.A.T. Stamp Set (March 2022 SOTM)
You're the G.O.A.T. Stamp Set

For the You're the G.O.A.T. blog hop I created this card.

card created for You're the G.O.A.T. Blog Hop
card created for You're the G.O.A.T. Blog Hop

To create the background, I embossed then lightly sanded. I used the retired CTMH Score Board to emboss, but you can use either paper trimmer, Aluminum Cut Rail Paper Trimmer (Z3396) or SureCut™ Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer (Z1783), with the scoring blade. Place the side you want visible on the card face-down and score from the back. I used the retired Sanding Kit (Z1294) to lightly sand, highlighting just where the score lines crossed.

card created for You're the G.O.A.T. Blog Hop
card created for You're the G.O.A.T. Blog Hop

The shadow layer behind the stamped image was inspired by the In Full Bloom layout on page 14 of the March–April 2022 Catalog. I used a die from Barn Door Stamp + Thin Cuts (Z4393), unfortunately this sold out a day or two ago, to cut a strip of French Vanilla, then I dove-tailed the end. I added a skinny strip of Capri Glitter Paper to highlight the sentiment and tie in the corners.

corner of card created for You're the G.O.A.T. Blog Hop
corner of card created for You're the G.O.A.T. Blog Hop

I wanted to add a little embellishing to the card, but every gem I "auditioned" did not "work" for me, so I decided to try some corner embellishments. I cut four embellishments using the Corner cut (#M47014) from the Art Philosophy Collection.

Before you visit ***My Heartfelt Sentiments***, the supplies I used to create my project are listed below.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

If you are not working with a CTMH Maker, you may purchase the supplies I used at my eCommerce website.

I hope you are enjoying the card I created with You're the G.O.A.T.—March Stamp of the Month. If you have a few moments, please let me know what you think of this page. Thank you for hopping with us!

So you do not have to scroll up for the link, the next blog on our hop is ***My Heartfelt Sentiments***.

signed up 2/24; https://centralnyscrapper.blogspot.com/2022/03/mar-2022-sotm-blog-hop.html

6 comments:

  1. Cute card. I was debating using this same scoring background technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for explaining the background. I was scratching my head trying to figure it out. 😂

    The corner embellishments are fabulous. Just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that background!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background on this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.