Thursday, October 26, 2023

Say It with Style Birthday Card

My mother celebrated her birthday last Sunday so I created this card for her.

birthday card created with It's Your Birthday
birthday card created with It's Your Birthday
This card is inspired in part by card 1 from the It's Your Birthday Cardmaking Workshop.

I used Jade and Capri ink for the stenciled background. When I stamped the cupcake I used Capri on the bottom section and Intense Black on the top section so I could add watercolor highlights without worrying if the stamping would smear. I squeezed the closed ink pad to transfer ink to the lid, then used a Waterbrush to pick up the ink and color the sentiment, frosting and heart sprinkles.

If you purchased any of these cardmaking workshop kits, It's Your Birthday (CC92317) or It's Your Birthday without stencils (CC92318) or Say It with Style Workshop Kits Bundle (CC92312) or Say It with Style Product Bundle (CC92311), except for cardstock and inks, you have almost everything you need to recreate this card.

Supplies used:
Code to above product name appearance:
  • text with link = this is a current product available on my eCommerce site at the time this post was published
  • highlighted text with link = this is a product that was available on my eCommerce site when I created the paper craft(s) pictured above and the post was published; since it is on the retiring list and no longer appears in the current catalogs, or it is/was part of a promotion, it is available only while supplies last
  • plain text = retired product no longer on my eCommerce site; if you really like a product, look for it at yard sales, on Facebook groups or other places people resale items
The National Stamping Month Say It with Style items are so versatile. I see myself keeping the stamps/Thin Cuts near my crafting space so they are readily available to create with. My mother loved the card. I knew the color combination would be a hit and she specifically mentioned how I colored the sentiment. It is hard to surprise someone who sees almost all of your finished projects while they are in various stages of being created. 

Thank you for taking them time out of your busy schedule to visit today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.