Thursday, July 4, 2024

Winterly Tree Tops Sympathy Card

Happy Independence Day!

Today I am sharing the third of five sympathy cards I created last last week.

sympathy card created with Winterly Tree Tops
sympathy card created with Winterly Tree Tops
Is one of your first thoughts, "I have not seen this set in the catalog or on the website"? If so, there is a great reason. The Winterly Tree Tops Bundle (164066), which includes the Winterly Tree Tops Cling Stamp Set (164184) and Winterly Tree Tops Dies (164065), was recently used at Creativity Now, a creative virtual event for demonstrators.

Rather than the Winterly Tree Tops Bundle, we had the option to purchase the Nests of Winter Suite Collection (164072) which includes the Winterly Tree Tops Stamp Set, Nests of Winter 12" x 12" (30.5 x 30.5 cm) Designer Series Paper, Natural Tones Linen Thread, Earth Tones Shimmer Gems, Birch Wood 3D Embossing Folder, and Winterly Tree Tops Dies. Both the bundle and the suite will be available in an upcoming catalog (I think September, but watch my blog and/or Facebook page for updates).

I stamped the birds, branches and sentiment on white cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad (132708). I used the coordinating dies to cut the birds and branches. I trimmed the sentiment piece to focus on "thinking of you". I colored using Colorista Pencils. My goal was to color the birds to resemble male and female cardinals and the berries to look like blueberries since they are in season here. The colors I used were: Flint Grey, Dark Timber, Oak Tree and Chestnut Brown from the Natural Landscape bundle, Blue Teal and Azure Blue from the Bright & Vivid bundle and Primrose, Marigold and Poppy Red from the Floral Sensation package.

I used a scalloped oval die (The Paper Boutique Essential Nesting Dies Vol. III - possibly/probably retired) I've had for years to cut the Pine cardstock from CTMH; a good SU! cardstock substitute would be Shaded Spruce. I also used white, black and Sea Salt cardstock. While not perfect matches, either Costal Cabana or Lost Lagoon from Stampin' Up! would be good alternatives to the Sea Salt cardstock from CTMH.

close up showing Spotlight on Nature texture stamping
close up showing Spotlight on Nature texture stamping
Before I layered the Pine onto the Sea Salt and the die cuts on the Pine, I used the texture stamp from Spotlight on Nature (163579) and an old neutral ink, Bamboo, from CTMH in a few spots where the texture could be seen coming from behind the oval and the birds/branches. Second generation stamping aka stamping off using Wild Wheat or almost any lighter, more neutral color would be a good alternative to achieve a similar look.

I assembled using Stampin’ Dimensionals® (104430) to layer the pieces.

Thank you for stopping by today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.