Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mini Album for Family Reunion

My family reunion was Saturday, August 3. To raise funds for printing and mailing the announcement, reserving the park and purchasing shared supplies (charcoal, etc.) we usually have an auction and a 50/50 raffle.

I missed the reunion in 2011 and 2012, but had made items for those auctions so this year I had several items to be auctioned off.

I made three heart-shaped chipboard mini albums. I used the same paper pad for each, but did not make them identical. Here's what one looks like:

2011FamilyReunionMiniAlbum

If you would like to see close-ups of the other photos, click on the image above (a new window will open) and use the arrow to advance through my photostream.

I am thrilled to report that each mini album went for $25 to help pay for next year's expenses.

Also auctioned off were two photo frames I made for the "Crop Chocolate Challenge #21 - Pop Color" last year. I do not remember how much they were auctioned for.

Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of a larger framed piece I put into the auction. That item had the same photos of my great-great-grandparents shown above.

I hope these projects give you ideas for raising funds to hold your next family reunion. If you have crafty ideas for items I can create to auction in future years, I would love to hear your suggestions. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.