Thursday, November 27, 2014

4 Weeks Until Christmas and Happy Thanksgiving

First, let me say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. And if you cannot be together to celebrate with your loved ones I hope you found a chance to have a nice long chat on the phone.

For the It's The Little Things November SOTM Blog Hop I shared two of the "place cards"/treat boxes I created for Thanksgiving dinner. Here are all of the completed boxes with a peek inside one of them.


If you like the It's The Little Things stamp set I used, it is only available for a few more days. Once the clock strikes midnight on November 30 the stamp set will be gone forever.

Today I am sharing a few Christmas projects I created over the past few days. Last Saturday I attended Cara Miller's Cricut U November 2014 Edition (actually I watched the recorded videos - the major Internet providers have decided it is not financially rewarding for them to bring DSL or Broadband to my neck of the woods) and over the course of the day we learned tips and tricks for creating projects using Cricut Craft Room and/or Design Space with Anna Griffin's Christmas Kitsch cartridge. We created a card and envelope, gift tags, a mini album and glass etching using vinyl (though I did not get a chance to etch the glass on my ornament).

Any my creations from the class...


I added a holly image from the My Acrylix™ Yuletide Greetings stamp set (D1553) inked with New England Ivy Exclusive Inks™ (Z2135).


The writing on the gift tags was done with the Cricut® Midnight Antiquity Pen.


When I decide which photos to include on the pages I will cut photo mats that will look good with the photo and the mini album. I also plan try to add journaling spots if space permits.


I ran out of time to use etching cream on my square glass ornament. I used the CTMH/Cricut Artbooking cartridge (Z1906) for this project. "Merry Christmas" is cut from black vinyl; 2015 on the reverse side will be etched into the glass. I plan to fill the ornament with garland.

I hope to link my card to Decosse's Dynamite Doodles 12 Months of Christmas Card Link Up. Thanks for stopping by today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.