Wednesday, July 18, 2012

CC Challenge #22 - Pastels and Bling

The details for CropChocolate Challenge #22 - Pastels and Bling read: "This challenge comes to you from Chris and Jenni: Create a project using the following guidelines: Pastels combined with dark bold colors and a bit of bling thrown in for good measure." [Find details for the current CropChocolate Challenge here.]

The rules read "Post a picture of your project. 50% of the product used must be from CropChocolate.com. Please include items used in the description of your entry. Contest ends on Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 at 08:00:00am Mountain. Please submit your entry before then. $10 CropCredit in a random drawing. $25 CropCredit for monthly random winner."

Awhile back I pinned a gorgeous framed piece. I was pretty sure I know how they made the flowers, but I never got around to giving it a try. I was reminded of this idea on page 49 of the Autumn/Winter 2012 CTMH Idea Book (my hard copies are expected to arrive today - I cannot wait to get home to see them IRL) so I gave it a try. Here is the card that I came up with:

cNYscrapper_CCchallenge22_20120718_DSC00044

Products I used that were purchased from CC: Echo Park Paper Co. (EP) Be Mine Sweet Stripes (item #BM9013), EP Summer Days Scallops (item #SD14010), EP Springtime Fresh Flowers (item ST11004), EP Summer Days Red/Green (item #SD14019), EP Playground Jump Rope (item #PG13013), Doodlebug Designs A6 Paisley Assortment black card base and envelope; other products used: CTMH Cricut® Art Philosophy cartridge and Cricut® Expression, CTMH Sparkles, Martha Stewart Crafts Scoring Board.

I have a few close-up photos that I did not have time to upload before writing this post. I plan to upload them this evening to my Flickr account if you would like to take a look at them (or any craft projects I have uploaded).

Thanks for stopping by to see my attempt at Pastels and Bling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.