Thursday, July 5, 2012

CC Challenge #20 - Print it Up!

The details for CropChocolate Challenge #20 - Print it Up! read: "From JeepMama and Scrappy Canuck: Create a project using black or dark background with 3 different patterns & a ribbon." [Find details for the current CropChocolate Challenge here.]

The rules read "Post a picture of your project. 50% of the product used must be from CropChocolate.com. Please include items used in the description of your entry. Contest ends on THURSDAY July 5th, 2012 at 08:00:00am Mountain. Please submit your entry before then. $10 CropCredit in a random drawing. $25 CropCredit for monthly random winner."

I have been wanting to use a new-to-me item, the CTMH My Acrylix® Stamp Set Captured Moments (C1423), so I decided the dark background required for this challenge was the perfect opportunity. I started with Bazzill Basics Paper in Blackbird. I stamped the image using CTMH White Daisy Exclusive Inks® and heat embossed using American Crafts Zing! White Embossing Powder.

I like the haunted feel of the image so I continued that by punching the twig edge using the Martha Stewart Crafts Punch Around the Page Autumn Branches punch from Fancy Pants Designs, Inc. Trick or Treat by Michelle Coleman Treats (item #297). I thought the twigs needed a bold background so I used Echo Park Paper Co. Happy Days by Lori Whitlock Black/Light Teal (item #HD19017).

To finish off the card I cut some "tags/banners" from Fancy Pants Designs, Inc. Trick or Treat by Michelle Coleman Trick or Treat Strips (item #293) and added some ribbon (I received the ribbon with blog candy I won, but I believe it is from Making Memories and CC sold it); I attached the ribbons using Glossy Accents.
cNYscrapper_CCchallenge20_20120705_DSC00003


Products from CC: American Crafts Zing! White Embossing Powder; Fancy Pants Designs, Inc. Trick or Treat by Michelle Coleman Treats (item #297); Echo Park Paper Co. Happy Days by Lori Whitlock Black/Light Teal (item #HD19017); Fancy Pants Designs, Inc. Trick or Treat by Michelle Coleman Trick or Treat Strips (item #293); Viper by SnakeTape; though the ribbon came from blog candy I'm pretty certain it originally came from CC

Other products: CTMH My Acrylix® Stamp Set Captured Moments (C1423); CTMH White Daisy Exclusive Inks®; Martha Stewart Crafts Punch Around the Page Autumn Branches; Glossy Accents; cardstock card base from stash

I hope you like my project. Thanks for visiting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.