Thursday, August 9, 2018

Diamond Background Technique

Close To My Heart recently posted this layout with a Diamond Background to their Facebook page:



The layout was created with the Thin Cuts from the Fresh Air Cardmaking Stamp + Thin Cuts (Z4186).


Unfortunately, this product was so popular that stock is no longer available.

But wait, we are creative people and we have options.

Cricut Design Space™ has some free shapes. I looked there is a diamond. I started playing in Design Space and this is what I came up with:


Feel free to use my Design Space project.

I have not cut with this file yet, but I do not anticipate any problems since it is fairly "plain". The DS file has the URL of the Facebook Post in case you want to refer back to it for photo location and embellishment ideas. When using the file I suggest hiding the text, the brown and the white shapes. Personally I would cut the white 11½" square using a paper trimmer.

If you create a layout with this background, I would love to see it! Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so excited. Thank you so much for sharing the Cricut Design Space cut file. I think I may have to work on this today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I would love to see what you create!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.