Friday, December 27, 2019

Strength & Hope Card

When I find a stamp set that helps me create sympathy cards, I do my best to add that stamp set to my crafty stash.

card created with Strength & Hope (C1797)
I had the need to create a sympathy card for the family of the neighbor about two weeks ago. I used the Hostess Rewards stamp set Strength & Hope (C1797) which was found in the September/October 2019 Idea Book.

I stamped on French Vanilla cardstock (X6046) with Intense Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z4189) and colored with the Pale Pink (Z2496), Dull Green (Z2486) and Light Green (Z2485) TriBlend™ Markers. Because I liked how they look together, and our current papers, Holly Jolly and Cedar & Pine, do not lend themselves well to a sympathy card, I used retired papers: Heartstrings and the ombré side of Sangria bulk paper.

To aid with cutting I used three die sets from Spellbinders: A-2 Matting Basics A and Basics B Card Creator Etched Dies and an oval die – I believe it is from the Scored and Pierced Ovals collection – the die made it into my stack before I noted the collection name. I ran the oval through my die cutting machine with an embossing mat to emphasize the edges.

We wish we never need a sympathy card, but unfortunately death is a part of life. I was fortunate that I had the Strength & Hope to help me create this card.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.