Thursday, March 18, 2021

March–April 2021 New Product Blog Hop

Welcome to the Close To My Heart March–April New Product Blog Hop. This hop is brought to you from same the group of CTMH Makers who bring you the Stamp Of The Month Blog Hop. Today we are featuring projects created with products found in the new CTMH March–April 2021 catalog

We have just over 15 CTMH Makers sharing their creations on this March–April New Product Blog Hop. If you just happened upon my post, you can hop with us by clicking the link to the next blog (often found near the bottom of the page) until you come back to my page.

CTMH New Product Blog Hop - cover March–April 2021 Catalog
CTMH New Product Blog Hop - cover March–April 2021 Catalog

You should have arrived here from ***Alyson Mayo's Create with Alyson***. If you get lost along the way, Melinda also keeps a list of all blog hop participants on her blog at If You Bling It.

For our March–April Blog Hop I created this Slimline card.

card created with Daisy Meadows and Cherry Blossoms
card created with Daisy Meadows and Cherry Blossoms

I stamped images from Cherry Blossoms on White Daisy using Cinnamon ink then colored them with Watercolor Pencils. I used a craft knife with glass cutting mat to fussy cut the intricate images. I used tools for shaping 3D flowers to create more dimension on the Cherry Blossoms. I used a combination of Glue Dots® Micro Dots, 3-D Foam Tape, and Thin 3-D Foam Tape to attach the flowers and banner.

You might be wondering how I created the Glacier cardstock background. I sliced, duplicated and welded the Rectangle PhotoMat (#M3D2BA) image from the Artbooking collection until I had a shape I was happy with that would fit on the Slimline card. If you would like, you can use my CTMH Slimline mini scallop layer Cricut® Design Space Project Link to save yourself some time. Then I pulled out the Score Board (retired) and scored from the back of the cardstock (I used the light side of Glacier on the card, so I scored from the dark side) to get an embossed effect. If you do not have the Score Board you can use your paper trimmer with the scoring blade or run the Dual-tip Stylus Embossing Tool (Z3505) in the track of the trimmer.

The sentiment is from the March Stamp Of The Month Winged Masterpiece. It is White Embossed on Peacock cardstock (dark side). When you read the list of products I used to create my card you might also be wondering where I used the Hexagon Thin Cuts. I used one to cut the dove tail on the Peacock cardstock. If the technique is new to you, I wrote about it on February 2.

Before you head to ***Gina Brandstetter's Gina's Little Corner of StampinHeaven***, the supplies I used to create my project are listed below.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

If you are not already working with a CTMH Maker, you may purchase all of the supplies I used at my Consultant website.

If you have a few moments, please leave a comment letting me know what you think of the card I created. I hope you are enjoying the projects created with items you will find in the March–April 2021 catalog. Thanks for hopping with us!

So you do not have to scroll back up, the next stop on the hop is ***Gina Brandstetter's Gina's Little Corner of StampinHeaven***.

14 comments:

  1. This is is very pretty! Love the minimal colour scheme to focus on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cherry blossoms are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, I love the colours and the Cherry Blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely stunning slimline card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I got this stamp set because this is GORGEOUS! I'll be recreating it a LOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and thank you for sharing the file!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love how the flowers are popping off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the blossoms on the blue background. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Slimline card! I had convinced myself, I did not need this stamp set, but you may have changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Thank you for using this stamp set that I love! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.