Sunday, October 3, 2021

World Cardmaking Day Creations

Yesterday was World Cardmaking Day so I used it as an excuse to just create this weekend, with no guidelines. Just do whatever when inspiration strikes, sort of like flitting like a butterfly. My goal was partially to bust my stash though I am unsure how much I really busted the stash. I've been creating with paper for years and that means I have enough supplies to open a craft store that has only one (sometimes two) of each item in stock.

I had a some images that I wanted to work with so I pulled them out. I rescued the images from the recycle bin. I am pretty sure I am not the only one who does this; I have seen cards and more created with calendars from previous years.

In case you like something I used to create my cards, I will share the product information that I have, but fair warning, some items have been in my stash so long that I am not sure if they are still available to purchase. You might have to use auction sites or selling groups to find some of the items.

This card includes an image I rescued from the recycle bin. I do not remember who mailed this to us, but the envelope front had this blue jay and the cardinal featured in the next card.

card created with image cut from an envelope
holiday card featuring a blue jay

It worked out that the space around the blue jay allowed me to use a square die (Spellbinders) to cut it out. I used a second die (Spellbinders) to cut a decorative square to layer the blue jay. I used a snowflake embossing folder (Close To My Heart) to emboss the tan card (the tan card was wrapped around a USB case to protect a purchase shipped to me). The two blue cardstocks are from my stash, something I've had for years, that no longer has identifying information. The scalloped edge was created with a large scallop edge square die (The Paper Boutique)–I used low tack tape to hold the cardstock in place while running it though the machine. The snowflakes (Kit 'n' Caboodle) and sentiment (Crafter's Companion) were highlighted with Snow & Ice Lustre Polish (Creative Expressions) and a dot of Picket Fence Distress Stickles™ in the center of each snowflake.

This is the second card from the same envelope. 

card created with image cut from an envelope
holiday card featuring a cardinal

I could not find a die that worked well for cutting out the cardinal so I did my best with a paper trimmer. I used a wood grain embossing folder (Close To My Heart) to emboss the tan card (the same tan card mentioned above). The green and dark red cardstocks are from my stash. The scalloped edge was created with a large scallop edge square die (The Paper Boutique). The holly and sprig (Kit 'n' Caboodle) and sentiment (Crafter's Companion) were highlighted with Snow & Ice Lustre Polish (Creative Expressions). Christmas Red Stickles™ create the holly berries.

The next card is from a different recycle bin rescue.

card created with image cut from an envelope
holiday card featuring holiday-dressed animals

There was a border tight to the top and left of the image so I used my paper trimmer to cut the image and the layer behind it. I used a snowflake embossing folder (Close To My Heart) to emboss the tan card (the same tan card mentioned above). I highlighted the embossing with Snow & Ice Lustre Polish (Creative Expressions). The red and green cardstocks are from my stash. The scalloped edge was created with a large scallop edge square die (The Paper Boutique). The sentiment is from Crafter's Companion.

I had to create this card because I had this background remaining.

card made for World Cardmaking Day 2021
holiday card featuring pine cones

When I created my first cards above, I embossed a few extra pieces of cardstock (wood grain embossing folder (Close To My Heart) and tan card (the same tan card mentioned above)). I highlighted the embossing with Gold Treasure Metallic Gilding Polish (Creative Expressions). The green and red cardstocks are from my stash; the Mocha cardstock is from CTMH. The scalloped edge was created with a large scallop edge square die (The Paper Boutique). The pine cones and pine branches (Kit 'n' Caboodle) were highlighted with Snow & Ice Lustre Polish (Creative Expressions). The sentiment is from Crafter's Companion.

I had to create this card because I had the gilded pine cones and pine branches on my desk.

card made for World Cardmaking Day 2021
holiday card featuring pine cones

I originally gilded the pine cones and pine branches (Kit 'n' Caboodle) for one of the cards above, but decided they did not stand out enough against the tan cardstock. I used a pine tree embossing folder (Sizzix/Tim Holtz). The green and red cardstocks are from my stash; the Mocha cardstock is from CTMH. The sentiment is from Crafter's Companion.

This card was created because I had the gilded holly leaves and sprigs still on my desk.

card made for World Cardmaking Day 2021
holiday card featuring holly leaves

I originally gilded the holly and sprigs (Kit 'n' Caboodle) for one of the cards above, but decided they did not stand out enough against the tan cardstock; I just have too heavy a hand applying the polish. I used a wood grain embossing folder (Sizzix/Tim Holtz). The dark red and green cardstocks are from my stash. The holly berries were created with Aged Mahogany Distress Stickles™. The sentiment is from Crafter's Companion.

I hope you found a chance to get crafty this weekend for World Card Making Day. I hope your busy week ahead treats you well. Thank you dropping by today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.