Sunday, April 17, 2022

National Scrapbooking Day 2022 Blog Hop

Welcome to the National Scrapbooking Day 2022 Blog Hop where we will be featuring items from the National Scrapbooking Day Celebration scheduled for May 6–7.

National Scrapbooking Day Celebration Blog Hop
National Scrapbooking Day Celebration Blog Hop

You should have arrived here from ***ScrappinKaty***. If you encounter any problems along the way, Melinda Everitt keeps a list of the blog hop participants at her blog If You Bling It.

I started out with a different card in mind, but after cutting the dies from the Circles and Patterns Scrapbooking Workshop Kit (CC3224), my focus shifted and I ended up creating this card.

card created for National Scrapbooking Day Celebration Blog Hop
card created for National Scrapbooking Day Celebration Blog Hop

When I cut the die that reminds me of a wedding ring quilt, some of the pieces made me think of flower petals, so I decided to experiment. I came up with this dimensional flower. 

I made two cuts of Lemonade for the flower and one cut of Clover for the flower. I stamped the Lemonade petals with Lemonade and Mocha inks and I stamped the Clover leaves with Clover ink.

leaves on card created for National Scrapbooking Day Celebration Blog Hop
leaves on card created for National Scrapbooking Day Celebration Blog Hop

When stamping on the leaves I lined up the stamp so it would look like veins on the leaves. Then I scored the leaves down the middle and pinched to add dimension. I glued just the tips of the leaves together with Dual-tip Multi-bond Glue Pen (Z3441) to make a cluster.

To hold the flower together I used the Circle Thin Cuts to cut a base and attached the petals with Dual-tip Multi-bond Glue Pen (Z3441). So the length of petals is even all the way around, I folded the circle base in quarters to aid with petal placement.

For the flower center I used the Circle Thin Cut to cut Mocha cardstock. I stamped that cut with Mocha ink then added using 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151).

petal shaping on card created for National Scrapbooking Day Celebration Blog Hop
petal shaping on card created for National Scrapbooking Day Celebration Blog Hop

I shaped the petals by placing the flower in the palm of my hand and rolling the end of a paint brush across the petal.

I stamped the Bluebird cardstock with Bluebird ink to create a background and I cut a piece of White Glitter Paper using the Fancy Borders Thin Cuts to decorate the card. 

I stamped "Many Thanks" (from the Many Wishes Cardmaking Workshop Kit) on White Daisy using Bluebird ink and dove-tailed the end before attaching to the card.

Before you visit ***Lauren CTMH Craftings***, the supplies I used to create my project are listed below.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

If you are not working with a CTMH Maker, you may purchase the supplies I used at my eCommerce website.

I hope you like the card I created for the National Scrapbooking Day Celebration Blog Hop. If you have a few moments, please let me know what you think of my creation. Thank you for hopping with us!

So you do not have to scroll up for the link, the next blog on our hop is ***Lauren CTMH Craftings***.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this so much and how you incorporated those texture stamps! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the thin cuts, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever to use that stamp set as the veins on the leaves!! I'm totally using that idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to really read your post to see where the NSD stuff was...genius!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.