Monday, July 4, 2022

CTMH SOTM July 2022 - Voice of the Sea

Happy Independence Day! I hope you are enjoying this long weekend - I hope you are fortunate enough to have an extra day off - and had a chance to celebrate our Nation's birthday.

July 2022 SOTM Voice of the Sea Artwork Showcase Badge
July 2022 SOTM Voice of the Sea Artwork Showcase Badge

I used some of this weekend to catch up on crafty time. To that end, I used the Close To My Heart July 2022 Stamp Of The Month to create this card.

card created with Voice of the Sea (CTMH July 2022 SOTM)
card created with Voice of the Sea (CTMH July 2022 SOTM)

I was inspired by the card pattern on page 43 of the July–September 2022 Catalog.

card created with That's The Tea (page 43 Jul-Sep 2022 catalog)
card created with That's The Tea (page 43 Jul-Sep 2022 catalog)

As you can see, I moved some paper pieces around, but the design is still easy to recognize. I wanted to use colors from the beach on my card, so I created my own patterned paper using French Vanilla and spattered it Watercolor Paints (I used #4, #22 and #33); if you are not sure what the numbers mean, there is a Guide on the Watercolor Paints product page with tips for using the paints. I used the light side of Capri to frame the design and the dark (true color) side of Shortbread and the light side of Mocha in the design. To add some character to the Shortbread cardstock I used the Score Board (retired) to add vertical lines. After fussy cutting the Sea Gull, I used 3-D Foam Tape to pop it and the sentiment.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

If you are not working with a CTMH Maker, you may purchase the supplies I used at my eCommerce website.

Be sure to visit Melinda Everitt's CTMH Artwork Showcase to see other art work created with Voice of the Sea.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend. I hope to be able to complete a few more projects.

#ctmh2022sotm #voiceofthesea #ctmhmakershowcase

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.