Sunday, July 31, 2022

Voice of the Sea - Final Card for July

It is the end of July and I am still loving the July 2022 Stamp of the Month from Close To My Heart.

card created with Voice of the Sea (CTMH July 2022 SOTM)
card created with Voice of the Sea (CTMH July 2022 SOTM)

This card was started long before the July 2022 SOTM was revealed. Whenever I work with Distress Oxide™ Inks I keep some pieces of watercolor paper nearby to pick up the color left on my All-purpose Mat (Z2045). I spritz the mat with water and pick up as much color as I can on watercolor paper, then I will often spritz the card and blot it with kitchen aka paper towel.The color is primarily from Mermaid Lagoon, but it is possible a small amount of another color got mixed in. It is unfortunate that the texture of the background does not show well in photos.

I used the masking technique (stamp on a scrap, cut close to the outline and lightly adhere the cut-out to prevent inking over an existing image–see last July's SOTM post for more detail) when stamping. Unfortunately this is also difficult to see, but I added White Gel Pen on the bubbles around the turtle.

I finished the card by cutting Copper Core Paper using the Stitched Rectangle Frames Thin Cuts (retired and stock depleted).

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

Today is the last day you can order the July 2022 Stamp of the Month Voice of the Sea. Today is also the last day the 2021-2022 Core Products Catalog is valid and the Copper Ore Paper is on the retiring list.

I hope you were able to find some creative time this weekend. Have a great week ahead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.