Monday, May 29, 2023

Hey Handsome Cardmaking Project 4

Happy Memorial Day! I hope that you are fortunate enough to have a day off from work and can enjoy time with family and friends (and maybe get a chance for some crafting) after the Memorial Day Parades.

I am back with the final Hey Handsome Cardmaking Project 4 cards.

Hey Handsome Cardmaking Workshop Kit Project 4 variations
Hey Handsome Cardmaking Workshop Kit Project 4 variations
On the Project 4 cards I used a different cardstock color on each card, but kept the card design the same as in the workshop guide.

Be careful when cutting the collars. I had planned on each collar being the true color (dark side) of the cardstock. Unfortunately I accidently cut the collar cardstock incorrectly for the Paprika card. Rather than cut more cardstock, I improvised when it came to the buttons, pocket and placket; I turned the cardstock over and auditioned the true color and other side of the cardstock until I found a true color/light combination I was happy with.

You may be wondering how I completed the cutting for the cards. I cut the patterned Hey Handsome paper exactly as shown in the Hey Handsome Cardmaking Workshop Kit (G1279) Workshop Guide (download the Workshop Guide (PDF format) here). As I mentioned before, I sketched out the rest of the cutting in Cricut Design Space, then used my paper trimmer to make the cuts. So you can visualize the cuts I made, here are screen snips I took of the Design Space project I created.

Before you start cutting, one important note. Most of the cuts are the same size as indicated on the workshop guide, but they are cut from a different color. There are only a few exceptions:
  • Project 1 - I cut two pockets using a different die so the pocket was wider to accommodate the stamp width better, alternatively you could just use the included pocket die or, if you want a wider pocket use a die cut as a pattern and trace around the cut adding a little‒⅛" should be enough‒to either side when tracing
  • Project 3 - I cut the Paprika "tags" at only ½" rather than ¾" as listed in the cutting guide
Modified Harbour CS Cutting Guide
Modified Harbour CS Cutting Guide
So you will have enough Harbour cardstock to die cut the pocket, when cutting the Harbour cardstock make the 5" cut from top to bottom first, then turn the cardstock and make the 3½" cut for Card 1. If your next cut is from top to bottom at 5¼", you will not have a wide enough piece of cardstock remaining for the pocket. You need the 2¼" wide scrap to die cut the pocket. I hope I am writing this so it makes sense. If it is unclear, please use the contact from to the right to ask questions.

Modified Mink CS Cutting Guide
Modified Mink CS Cutting Guide
I forgot to depict the pen die cuts on the Mink cardstock when sketching the changes I planned in Cricut Design Space, but as you can see, there is enough cardstock to make the four pen die cuts.

Modified Paprika CS Cutting Guide
Modified Paprika CS Cutting Guide
I mentioned the different Paprika cardstock cutting above; rather than cut the "tags" that are applied adjacent to the pocket at ¾" as listed in the cutting guide, I cut them at only ½". I also substituted a different pocket die to make the pocket wider for Card 1.

Modified Pine CS Cutting Guide
Modified Pine CS Cutting Guide
There is nothing special about the Pine cardstock cuts, but if I missed explaining any details, please let me know.

Modified Toffee CS Cutting Guide
Modified Toffee CS Cutting Guide
Like the Pine cardstock, there is nothing special about the Toffee cardstock cuts. Again, if I missed explaining any details, please reach out via the Contact form to the right.

I hope you enjoyed the changes made when cutting the cardstock and assembling the cards in the Hey Handsome Cardmaking Workshop Kit (G1279). In my opinion, it is like assembly line cardmaking without several cards looking identical.

Happy crafting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.