I took a closer look at the Two Peas post and I have to say I love so many of the projects shared in their Gallery. Two Peas also has a Pinterest board: Trends: Pie Charts.
This inspired me to quickly flip through the Spring/Summer 2013 Close to My Heart Idea Book to find some products that will help me make pie charts and I found a few items:
- Workshops On The Go® Chantilly Scrapbooking Kit - the Chantilly stamp set only available with this kit (G1053)
- My Acrylix® Just for You (B1398) - if you do not mind having scalloped edges on your pie chart, you could trim off the scallops if you want a more traditional pie chart look
- My Acrylix® Wheel of Life (D1545) - creatively ink your stamp to make the pie pieces different sizes (actually this goes for several of the stamps suggested)
- My Acrylix® Pennant Alphabet (E1018)
- Spinner (Z1832) - this would be perfect for highlighting a piece of your pie chart
- 1¼" Circle Punch (Z1311) - punch several colors and then cut the pie pieces the size you need
And I have to admit that some these items might be a bit of a stretch to some people especially when you are talking "traditional" pie charts, but art allows us some latitude:
- My Acrylix® Patterned Pennants (D1534) - these could make fun and funky pie charts; you could use the edge of a plate or drinking glass or maybe the Corner Rounder (Z578) to make the outside edges rounded if that is the look you want
- My Acrylix® Girls Rock (C1538) - the larger filled-in flower on the right side of page 41; stamp it in several colors and then cut the pie pieces as large as you need
- My Acrylix® Sail Away (C1530) - the inner part of the ship's wheel for a smaller pie chart
- My Acrylix® Pirouette (B1409) - again, you could just use the inner part of the stamp if you do not want a decorative edge on your pie chart
I think there are other stamps that you could use to make a pie chart, but those ideas might be too far out there and I have not had a chance to actually try them yet. I hope I have inspired you to look at some of the CTMH products in a different way. I know I love to find different ways to use my tools so I can get more use from my investment.
If you create your own pie charts on card, scrapbooks or other crafty projects I would love it if you shared the link here.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.