Thursday, August 28, 2014

17 Weeks Until Christmas

It is hard to be thinking of Christmas since this post goes live the same day I plan to attend the Great New York State Fair. However as generations before me have said, time seems to be passing faster and faster as I get older, and the 17 weeks between now and Christmas will be gone before we know it.

17 Weeks Until Christmas

My card is created with Close To My Heart products. I started with a card from the 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack (X254). I inked the bottom edge with a Sponge Dauber and Exclusive Inks™ Ruby Stamp Pad (Z2170). I covered the card with the black snowflake B&T Duos from the Snowhaven Paper Packet (X7188B).

I stamped the pine bough image on White Daisy Cardstock (1385) using the My Acrylix™ Yuletide Greetings (D1553) stamp set and Exclusive Inks™ New England Ivy Stamp Pad (Z2135). I used ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Markers to color the image. I know that it is recommended to use Archival Black (44751) or heat set pigments inks (or heat emboss pigment inks) when using the markers, but I thought as long as I did not saturate the area too much it might work out fine.

17 Weeks Until Christmas bow

I wish the color was more true in this photo, but you can see that there was no smearing of the stamped image. I also did not find the ink from the stamp pad transferred to the marker tip; I did however let the ink dry for about 12 hours. This made me very happy because I did not want to color the pine boughs so the bow and holly could be the focal point.

I stamped the greeting using a Exclusive Inks™ Ruby Stamp Pad (Z2170). I layered both stamped images on New England Ivy Cardstock (1282). I popped the greeting with 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151). I used Red Shimmer Trim (Z1848) to add some glitz and an additional pop of color to the card.

I am linking my card to Decosse's Dynamite Doodles 12 Months of Christmas Card Link Up.

I hope you like my simple card. Thanks for stopping by today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.