Thursday, September 25, 2014

13 Weeks Until Christmas

My mom received a request for donations from an organization that assists Veterans a couple of years ago and it contained some gift wrap that was designed by Sue Zipkin. The envelope the request was mailed in had some of the same and coordinating images on it. They were so cute that I could not help but try to use them in my cardmaking.

This is how my card turned out:


I started by cutting white cardstock into a top-folding card that would fit in a #10 envelope. I used scraps from the mailing that contained art by Sue Zipkin to cover the front. Since the piece was not large enough to cover the entire front, I used Exclusive Inks® Stamp Pads in Gypsy and Glacier and the My Acrylix® stamp sets Geometric Backgrounds (D1559) and Swirls Around (D1551-retired) to remove some of the starkness where the white cardstock showed. I cut the banners from Artbooking and Whisper cardstock and the letters from Art Philosophy and Gypsy cardstock using the Cricut® Explore and Design Space. The twine is from an exchange I did with an online friend.

I hope you like how I put the card together and my "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" effort.

Edited to add: I am linking my card to Decosse's Dynamite Doodles 12 Months of Christmas Card Link Up.

I would like to remind you of my giveaway. Earning entries is easy. You will find the details on this past Saturday's blog post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.