Thursday, September 4, 2014

16 Weeks Until Christmas

Did I count incorrectly? Sixteen weeks until Christmas! That seems impossible. Today is the first day of school here in New York State. How could Christmas only be 16 weeks away?

When I saw this Holiday Card Kit (the kit makes 10 cards; 5 each of 2 designs) in Tuesday Morning for only $3.90 I had to pick it up. The first reason I made this purchase is I can create one card for less than the cost of postage to mail it. In addition, everyone occasionally needs a quick and easy craft project at the ready. Something like this I can easily create during my lunch break because everything fits into the box except the stamp and ink and adhesive is already applied to the back of the embellishments so it is just peel and stick.

This is the box and the contents:

Holiday Card Kit 01 from Tuesday Morning

After creating at least one card following the directions on the box, I always try to look for additional ways to put the cards together. This is the card the instructions show the fold on the top.

ornament card Holiday Card Kit 01

And this is the card the instructions show the fold on the side.

tag card Holiday Card Kit 01

The only thing I must add to the cards is an inside sentiment.

I may also add some glitter, glitter glue (there was some in the package, but it had dried) or shimmer tape. Or ink on the embossed card front or ink to distress the edges. Of course I can only do some of these things at work.

One thing I will do (and suggest you do if you find this kit) is bend the ends of the brads back on itself using small jewelry making pliers. They are just a bit too long and can be seen no matter which way I turn the brad. I would not snip the ends off because the ends could become rough and the brad is attached to a tag that is not stuck to the card with adhesive. I also had to re-score the card fold and use a bone folder to make the fold nice and crisp.

Who knows, you may find this kit in a Tuesday Morning near you. If you do, it will put you 10 cards closer to having your Christmas cards completed long before the busy holiday season starts.

Thanks for visiting today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.