The SOTM for May 2016, Celebrate with Cake, is a D-size set of 17 stamps that is $5 with a qualifying purchase. Alternatively you may purchase it for $17.95. Recommended CTMH My Acrylix® Blocks for this stamp set are: 1" x 1" (Y1000), 1" x 3½" (Y1002), 2" x 2" (Y1003) and 2" x 3½" (Y1009). The stamps in the Celebrate with Cake set are:
You should have arrived here from ***Michele Rowley's Evergreen Memories***. If you get lost along the way, Melinda Everitt keeps a list of participants on her blog at If You Bling It.
While I did not create an ombré effect, I used the technique of mixing Liquid Glass and re-inker to create the mixture I used to fill in the cake and the banner. I saw this technique in the CTMH Corporate video Project Inspirations: Ombré Technique. I heat embossed the cake and banner using White Embossing Powder than then used the Bronze ShinHan marker to lightly highlight the poles and "clothesline" the banners are hanging from.
I added a banner and stamping inside the card:
Before you head to ***Scrapbooking With Kirsten Jade by Kirsten Jade***, the supplies I used to create my project are listed below.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- My Acrylix™ May 2016 SOTM: Celebrate with Cake Stamp Set (S1605)
- 12" X 12" White Daisy Cardstock (1385)
- Kaleidoscope Paper Packet (X7202B)
- VersaMark™ Ink Pad (Z891)
- Ranger™ White Super Fine Embossing Powder (Z2068)
- Ranger™ Princess Gold Embossing Powder (Z2066)
- Craft Heater (Z555)
- ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Bronze Marker (Z2447)
- Pixie Exclusive Inks™ Re-inker (Z2744)
- Canary Exclusive Inks™ Re-inker (Z2743)
- Liquid Glass (Z679)
- Bone Folder (Z1204)
- Black Memento™ Ink Pad (Z899)
- Gypsy Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2190)
- Pear Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2197)
- Sponge Dauber (3-pack - Z726) or (value pack of 12 - Z1938)
- All-Purpose Mat (Z2045)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
- Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060)
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: glass cutting mat, craft knife
Before you leave I would be delighted if you left me a comment letting me know what you think of my project. So you do not have to scroll back up, the next stop on the hop is ***Scrapbooking With Kirsten Jade by Kirsten Jade***.
Thank you for hopping with us. I hope you are finding much inspiration.