You should have arrived here from ***Kathy Burrows' Snips, Snaps, and Scraps***. If you get lost along the way, Melinda Everitt keeps a list of participants on her blog at If You Bling It.
I was inspired by the card on page 19 of Annual Inspirations 2016-17, but I call this my "when life hand you lemons, you make lemonade card" because this is not how the card started in my minds eye.
Before you head to ***Jennifer Rubio's Jen's Jewel Box***, the supplies I used to create my project and why I call this my lemonade card are listed below.
I planned to cut a transparency with the Thin Cut, use the Bonding Memories™ Glue Pen to make a temporary adhesive (if you do not know about that feature of this glue, please ask your consultant) and then spritz through the negative with a mixture of re-inker and water. I could not find my transparencies so I used a glossy, cardstock weight piece of junk mail. When I could not find my re-inker, I decided to use my Watercolor Paints, but realized I forgot to replenish my supply of Watercolor Paper. It was then that I decided to use the die cut as a mask. I decided to just go for it with regular cardstock, but was a little generous with the water so my cardstock mask moved a bit which lead me to cut "hello" from a piece White Daisy cardstock and use the Shimmer Brush on it. I wonder if it is actions like this that a former co-worker told me I was too optimistic?
By the way, if you have not tried cutting the new Glitter Paper with the Cricut Explore yet, you are certain to be delighted. I was able to cut the Glitter Paper on the Light Cardstock + setting. I cut the first image on the Custom Setting choosing Cardstock, Glitters - 0.6mm, but the double cut was not necessary so I paused my cut to change the settings.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- Enchantment Fundamentals (Z3254)
- Adventure Fundamentals (Z3253)
- 12" × 12" White Daisy Cardstock (1385)
- White Glitter Paper (Z3237)
- Thin Cuts—Hello & Thanks (Z3259)
- Watercolor Paints (Z3132)
- Paintbrush Set (Z3188)
- Bonding Memories™ Glue Pen (Z553)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060)
- Shimmer Brush—Clear (Z3293)
- Cricut® Artistry Collection (physical cartridge—Z3167) or Cricut® Artistry Digital Collection (no cartridge—Z3190)
- Star Medallion - #M58A2D0 - cut at height set at 1.2"
- Anchor - #M4130B6 - cut at height set at 1.3"
- Star Border - #M418BE8 - cut at height set at 0.83"
- Star Border - #M418E25 - cut at height set at 0.42"
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cricut® Design Space, Cricut® Explore
Before you leave I would be delighted if you left me a comment letting me know what you think of my project. So you do not have to scroll back up, the next stop on the hop is ***Jennifer Rubio's Jen's Jewel Box***.
Thank you for hopping with us. I hope you a loving the projects we are sharing.