Monday, July 24, 2017

Tea-rrific with Dreamin' Big Paper

As I promised when I shared the Hello Foxy with No Worries Paper, I am posting the additional artwork that CTMH Corporate Artists created using the March 2017 SOTM Tea-rrific and Dreamin' Big Papers. You may have seen this photo on my Consultant website during the month of March. I know there are several of you who purchased both items; I hope you have some paper scraps you could use if the designs tickle your fancy; unfortunately I ran out of Dreamin' Big papers so I substituted Little Dreamer.


Here are the supplies used to create the items pictured above.


Please click on the image if it is too small to read. Since I know it may be difficult to print the image for use offline, I created a PDF of the information; please forgive me the white space in the file; I removed the information that was not relevant to re-creating the artwork.

If reading the Cricut© Shapes information in Recipes is new to you, here is an example from the 3" Mother's Day Tag to help explain it:


The recipe says 3" Shift+Photo Mat 1 <TeamWork> (p. 83).

You will find the image on page 83 of the Artbooking Handbook (PDF opens in new tab). If you are using a Cricut© machine with a key pad or an on-screen keyboard, you would set the height to 3". To select the image you need press the Shift key, the Photo Mat 1 key (both keys should remain lit) and then press the TeamWork key in the bottom row (indicated by a red dot in the above image). You would make sure Real Dial Size is On (see the image below for more information about Real Dial Size).


Real dial size means that the machine will cut the image the height (from the lowest possible point to the highest) you have it set on the size dial. Many of the older (well maybe not-so-old) Cricut® cartridge handbooks have a page that gives an visual example of Real Dial Size that might be helpful. The image above is from the Artbooking Handbook.

In Cricut© Design Space you will need to search for the correct image, select it and add it to your mat, then set the height to 3". Many CTMH Consultants will list the image code, for the 4" x 4" Photo Tag in the example above it is #M466C7, when they use their Cricut® Explore to create a project or they will share a link to the Design Space file that they created (see below for mine).

Since Mother's Day has past, I decided to create a tag that could be for an anytime gift or even a Thank You.



The supplies I used to create the tag are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
I am quite happy with this tag and I hope you like my variation too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.