Monday, December 14, 2020

Birthday Card for Nine Year Old

I recently created a birthday card for a young man turning nine years old. I selected bright colors and patterns to create the card – it is a little hard having a birthday during a pandemic.

birthday card for young man - card front
birthday card for young man - card front

I covered the card front with the bolder star pattern from Party Time and Lagoon cardstock embossed with the retired Confetti Stars Embossing Folder. I used stamps and dies from Wishing You Everything to decorate the card. I added some extra stars using some Sizzix dies from my stash and I added their age using the Simple Serif Lowercase Thin Cuts and coordinating stamps.

birthday card for young man - card open
birthday card for young man - card open

I carried the stars to the inside of the card; stamping some from Wishing You Everything and a die cut from Sizzix dies. I also added the year from Simple Serif Lowercase and a sentiment from Birthday Greetings (unfortunately this is retired).

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

Now that a week has passed since their birthday, I can share the card. I hope the young gentleman like receiving this card.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.