Thursday, February 25, 2021

You're Not Old for a Milestone Birthday

I created this card in early January for a milestone birthday. I have been waiting for an opportunity to share.

You're Not Old for a Milestone Birthday
You're Not Old for a Milestone Birthday

This stamp set (or stamp + Thin Cut) was introduced on page 35 of the January–February 2020 catalog. I knew then that it was perfect to create a card for my aunt. It captures her sense of humor perfectly.

I originally planned to use a piece of Happiness Lives Here paper on this card. However I decided that, while I selected the TriBlend™ Marker colors based on the colors in the Happiness Lives Here collection, the end result would have been too busy to use the paper. That caused me to start searching through my embossing folders and I selected one from my stash; I've had the folder for so long I do not know the pattern name, but it is from Sizzix.

close up of You're Not Old for a Milestone Birthday
close up of You're Not Old for a Milestone Birthday

I used a nail file to distress the embossing and added Stickles™ in the diamond shape. I also added Stickles™ to the candles, flames and icing on the cake.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

I heard from my aunt and she loved the card as much as I thought she would. The stamp and the stamp + Thin Cut are only available while supplies last. The CTMH products I used are at my eCommerce website.

Have a great Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.