Friday, September 10, 2021

Core Catalog New Product Blog Hop

Welcome to the Close To My Heart Core Catalog New Product Blog Hop. Today's hop is brought to you from same the group of CTMH Makers who bring you the Stamp Of The Month Blog Hop. Today we are featuring projects created with products found in the new CTMH Core Catalog 2021–2022 catalog.

We have just shy of 15 CTMH Makers sharing their creative talents on our Core Catalog New Product Blog Hop. If you stumbled upon my post, please join our hop by clicking the link to the next blog (often found near the bottom of the page) until you come back to my page.

CTMH Core Catalog New Product Blog Hop - cover Core Catalog 2021–2022 Catalog
CTMH Core Catalog New Product Blog Hop
cover Core Catalog 2021–2022 Catalog

You should have arrived here from the gifted ***Melinda Everitt***. If you get lost along the way, Melinda also keeps a list of all blog hop participants on her blog at If You Bling It.

For the Core Catalog 2021–2022 Blog Hop I created two cards.

card created for Core Catalog 2021-2022 Blog Hop
card created for Core Catalog 2021-2022 Blog Hop

My first card was inspired by a card on page 48. I did not plan to make it quite so similar; I was planning to use the blue/green plaid, but I could not decide other colors to use (there are so many pretty choices) so I went with the inspiration in the catalog. I used Desert Rose on the left and right sides. I used second generation Desert Rose behind the sentiment. I was so anxious to use the new Card Front Stencils, that I did not look through my papers to create the banners. The larger banner was created from White Daisy Cardstock. I first applied Tattered Rose Distress Oxide™ Ink and then used the stencil with Vintage Photo. For the second banner I dabbed a little Vintage Photo, Seedless Preserves and Tattered Rose on my craft mat, misted with water, mixed and applied with a paint brush. When it was dry, I stamped with Tattered Rose. To add some sparkle, I used Mocha Glitter Paper, Wild Berry Loose Sequins and Gold Embellishing Thread.

My second card was created with a As You Grow Picture My Life™ Card.

card created for Core Catalog 2021-2022 Blog Hop
card created for Core Catalog 2021-2022 Blog Hop

I used part of this PML card for a CTMH product launch event and I thought it was just waiting to be made into a card. I trimmed ⅛" from the left and right sides to make it 3¾" wide (it was already 5¼" high) then layered it on Harbour cardstock. I stamped and embossed on the lighter side of Harbour, cut a fish aka dove tail and attached the sentiment with Thin 3-D Foam Tape.

Your next stop on our hop is ***Show and Tell with Michelle***. Before you go, the supplies I used to create my project are listed below.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

If you are not already working with a CTMH Maker, you may purchase all of the supplies I used at my e-Commerce Website.

If you have a few moments, please leave a comment letting me know what you think of the cardd I created. I hope you are enjoying the projects created with items you will find in the Core Catalog 2021–2022. Thank you for hopping with us!

So you do not have to scroll back up, the next stop on the hop is ***Show and Tell with Michelle***.

9 comments:

  1. These are great cards! Love your use of the PML cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful! I really love the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the splatter background on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if my first comment posted but I love both cards and LOVE the PML card - PML cards make card-making so easy and PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you've done with the new sentiments stamp set. It was one of the very first in my cart because I knew I could do so many great things--like you have done here--with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.