Wednesday, September 1, 2021

CTMH Grateful for This Life SOTM Blog Hop - September 2021

Welcome to the September 2021 SOTM Blog Hop featuring the stamp set Grateful for This Life. This month we have almost 15 Close To My Heart Makers sharing projects created with the CTMH Stamp Of The Month Grateful for This Life. Keep visiting the next blog (typically via a link near the bottom of the post) to get back to the blog where you started.

Grateful for This Life - September 2021 SOTM
Grateful for This Life - September 2021 SOTM

You should have arrived here from the talented ***Melinda Everitt***. If you get lost along the way, Melinda also keeps a list of all blog hop participants on her blog at If You Bling It.

Grateful for This Life Stamp Set
Grateful for This Life Stamp Set

While I think this stamp set is great for scrapbooking, I also think it is wonderful for cardmaking. For our hop today, I created Thank you cards using the stamp set and new patterned papers from the September–October 2021 Catalog.

card created with Grateful for This Life
card created with Grateful for This Life

To be able to stamp "Thank You" I masked the stamp by using the technique of wrapping the area I do not want to stamp around the side of a clear My Acrylix® Block. I also used the swiping technique to make the inking look a little distressed. I carried the distressed look through by tearing the top edge of the patterned paper. I used the Score Board (retired) to score from the back of the Payapa cardstock (I used the dark side of Payapa on the card, so I scored from the light side) to get an embossed effect then I used the Sanding Kit (retired) to distress and expose the white cord of the cardstock. If you do not have the Score Board you can use your paper trimmer with the scoring blade or run the Dual-tip Stylus Embossing Tool (Z3505) in the track of the trimmer. I embellished with Gold Loose Sequins.

card created with Grateful for This Life
card created with Grateful for This Life
I masked in the same way as I did for the first card, but this time I did not swipe the stamp on the stamp pad. I embellished with a narrow strip of Payapa Glitter Paper and Gold Loose Sequins.

Before you head to ***Show and Tell with Michelle***, the supplies I used to create my project are listed below.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

If you are not already working with a CTMH Maker, you may purchase all of the supplies I used at my eCommerce website.

Can you tell what my favorite paper in the September–October 2021 Catalog is? I would love to know what you think of my cards. I hope you are enjoying the projects created with Grateful for This Life. Thank you for hopping with us!

So you do not have to scroll back up, the next stop on the hop is ***Show and Tell with Michelle***.

7 comments:

  1. I love the look of both cards! Great job,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you cut the stamp! Both cards are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I love that you only used the Thank to make a standard card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful! Love the swiping on the first one to match the distressed tearing. These are going in my "to be CASE'd later" file!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you fussy cut the trees on the first card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.