Friday, September 24, 2021

Slimline Birthday Card

Earlier this month my great-niece celebrated her second birthday, so I created this card for her.

Slimline Celebration Birthday Card
Slimline Celebration Birthday Card

The kids received a swing set this summer. As soon as I saw the girl on the swing I knew I had to include that image on the card.

I cut a piece of White Daisy ¼" smaller than the front of a Slimline card. I then dropped some Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Sparkles randomly on the card then spritzed with water to activate. I picked up the card and moved it around to swirl the colors. When it was dry I added the Star Cluster cut from Wild Berry. I added Diamond Stickles™ to the Wild Berry, spreading it out, similar to the Jingle Joy Cardmaking Workshop instructions. I also added Diamond Stickles™ to the watering cans, mushrooms and flowers.

I paper pieced some Capri cardstock inside some of the stars to ground the die cut images. I cut the number two from a QuicKutz alphabet I had in my stash. I added Silver Stickles™ Glitter Glue to the number and some Black Diamond Stickles™ to some of the images.

  • My Acrylix™ Stamp Sets: Mini Garden Gnomes Stamp + Thin Cuts (CC9215) or Mini Garden Gnomes (CC9211), Thoughtful Critters Stamp + Thin Cuts (CC9216) or Thoughtful Critters (CC9212), Slimline Sentiments (CC9214)
  • Thin Cuts: Star Cluster (CC9219)
  • cardstock: White Daisy, Capri, Wild Berry
  • Slimline Cards & Envelopes (X257)
  • Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pads: Intense Black
  • Tri-Blend Markers: Earth Brown Blend, Earth Brown Shades, Fair Skin Blend, Gold Yellow Blend, Dark Red Blend, Purple Blend, Brown Grey Blend, True Black, Alpine Green Blend, True Blue Blend, Pale Pink Blend, Gold Brown Extend, True Blue Shades, Coral Blend, Muted Brown Blend, Ice Grey Blend, Bright Pink Extend, Ice Grey Shades, Dull Green Blend, Orange Blend, Blender
  • Stickles™ Glitter Glue: Diamond, Black Diamond, Silver
  • Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Sparkles: Beyond Blue, Fuchsia Rose, Pale Blush, Purple Affair, Teal Marine, Ranger Distress Sprayer, QuicKutz Chocolate Alphabet Set
I hope you find my card fun and great for a toddler. Thank you for taking a few moments to visit today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.