Monday, June 25, 2012

CC Challenge #19 - Paint or Gloss

The details for CropChocolate Challenge #19 - Paint or Gloss read: "From LMissCrafter and Moon:
Create a project containing paint or a glossy (liquid) product. (ie glossy accents, clear rock candy.) Stickles and Liquid Pearls can be used as paint." [Find details for the current CropChocolate Challenge here.]
The rules read "Post a picture of your project. 50% of the product used must be from CropChocolate.com. Please include items used in the description of your entry.
Contest ends on June 27th, 2012 at 08:00:00am Mountain. Please submit your entry before then.
$10 CropCredit in a random drawing. $25 CropCredit for monthly random winner."

The card I ended up with is not the card I had in my mind's eye but I am happy with this card regardless and I needed a card for my niece Elisabeth. She graduated on Saturday, June 23.

cNYscrapper_CCchallenge19_20120627_DSC00495

First I inked the iridescent paper from the 12x12 Specialty Paper Multi Pack by Slice with Close To My Heart Exclusive Inks - Moonstruck. I used tissue paper to wipe the excess ink from the iridescent raised embossed area. Then I cut a piece slightly smaller than the white card base.

cNYscrapper_CCchallenge19_20120627_DSC00496

I cut the cap and tassel (cut at two inches) and the numbers (cut at one inch) from the Slice Design Card - Greetings (using the Design Cutter, Hands Free Kit and Brayer) and 12x12 Cardstock Assortment 5.0 by Bazzill. I cut the yellow label using the Spellbinders Grand Calibur and Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Labels (S4-168). The yellow cardstock was in the 12x12 Cardstock Assortment 7.0 by Bazzill. I applied Glossy Accents to the cap and tassel to make them stand out a bit.
cNYscrapper_CCchallenge19_20120627_DSC00499

I stamped congratulations from the Inkadinkado Holiday Seasons Clear Stamp Set using Close To My Heart Exclusive Inks - Moonstruck and used the Spellbinders and Bazzill blue and yellow cardstock again to "dress up" the sentiment.
cNYscrapper_CCchallenge19_20120627_DSC00504

I stamped handmade from the Inkadinkado stamp set again Close To My Heart Exclusive Inks - Honey on the back of the card and I cut another cap and tassel (at one inch) and attached it to the back of the card.

CNYscrapper_CCchallenge19_20120627

The above collage is what I used to submit my contest entry (thanks to http://www.picmonkey.com). I hope you enjoyed the card I made for my niece. Thank you for stopping by to see my recent projects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.