This is a card we created for a young man getting ready for the next chapter of his life.
The card front was created using Cricut Design Space®.
The card pop-up is from an SVG I found at Extreme Cards and Papercrafting. It is their Graduation Cap Pop Up Card and they posted a wonderful tutorial for assembling the card.
Rather than a paper button to hold the tassel, I used a brad. I set it on the left side of the graduation cap (as you would normally see the tassel after graduation), but the location is mostly so the brad would not interfere with closing the card.
If you decide to use a brad, I would suggest you add it prior to attaching the cap to the card base. I learned the hard way.
Supplies used to create this card:
- Cricut® Design Space and Cricut® Explore
- Graduation Cap Pop Up Card from Extreme Cards and Papercrafting
- font from Varsity Letter cartridge
- font from Base Camp cartridge
- Diploma - #M3D8D1 from Happy Graduation cartridge
- Class Of - #M3149C from Wild Card cartridge
- Pilot Precise V7 Needlepoint Rolling Ball Fine Black Pen - Staples
- Cricut Explore® Metallic Pen Set
- artiste™ Metallic Pearl - gold - Hobby Lobby
- artiste™ Cotton Pearl - white - Hobby Lobby
- DMC Embroidery Floss #700 - Hobby Lobby
- green brad - my stash
- green cardstock - Hobby Lobby
- white cardstock - my stash
- Pearlescent Card - Create and Craft
- 6½" x 5" white card base and envelope - my stash
- Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (CTMH product Z3022)
I am a Close To My Heart Independent Consultant and CTMH linked products above may be ordered from my Online Business Address. The list of other products and links to them (if any) are for your convenience only; they are products I have been happy using. I am not an affiliate of any other retail outlet. If the craft projects I share inspire you and you would like to use Close To My Heart products to create them, I would appreciate it if you placed an order on my OBA.
I bet the recent grad will like their gift more than the card, but I really hope they look at the card long enough to know it was hand crafted for them. Thanks for visiting today.