Here is a screen shot of the A Bit of Blot technique I used.
One tip I remember reading during the A Bit of Blot blog hop I recently hopped (if you would like more inspiration, the hop started here) is to avoid using the side of the My Acrylix® Block that has the line that assists with aligning stamps because the line will show when the ink is transferred to the paper. One thing I do not remember reading during the hop, but discovered when I was creating, is the closer the block is the to spray pen, the larger the water droplets and more mottled I found the ink to be.
This is how my card front turned out.
Since the front of my card has a lot going on, I left the card inside quite plain:
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- My Acrylix™ June 2015 SOTM: Ice Cream Dream Stamp Set (S1506)
- My Acrylix™ Lovely Birthday Stamp Set (B1462)
- 12" x 12" White Daisy Cardstock (1385)
- Slate Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2173)
- Pear Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2197)
- Canary Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2643)
- Thistle Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2640)
- Pixie Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2644)
- Crystal Blue Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2117)
- Sponge Daubers (Z726) or Value Pack of 12 (Z1938)
- Spray Pen (Z1380)
- Watercolor Pencils (3505)
- Water Brush (retired)
- 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Glass Cutting Mat, Craft Knife, Canvas Crop. Skinny (4 x 9 in.) Cards with Envelopes
Thanks for visiting today.