Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Watercolor Ice Cream Dream

As I mentioned the other day, I am really enjoying creating with the CTMH June 2015 SOTM Ice Cream Dream stamp set. Today's card uses watercolor pencils and the crafting technique A Bit of Blot shown on pages 55 of Annual Inspirations (clicking the link will open PDF in a new tab).

Here is a screen shot of the A Bit of Blot technique I used.


One tip I remember reading during the A Bit of Blot blog hop I recently hopped (if you would like more inspiration, the hop started here) is to avoid using the side of the My Acrylix® Block that has the line that assists with aligning stamps because the line will show when the ink is transferred to the paper. One thing I do not remember reading during the hop, but discovered when I was creating, is the closer the block is the to spray pen, the larger the water droplets and more mottled I found the ink to be.

This is how my card front turned out.


Since the front of my card has a lot going on, I left the card inside quite plain:


All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
The Close To My Heart products I used may be ordered from my Online Business Address. If the craft projects I share inspire you and you would like to use Close To My Heart products to create them I would be grateful if you placed an order on my OBA.

Thanks for visiting today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.