I cut the car four times, one each from Black, Saddle, Slate and Olive, and then I did some by hand trimming on the Black, Slate and Olive cars with a craft knife, metal-edged ruler and glass mat. This photo shows the manual cuts I did. You will notice that my Flaxen rectangle for the windows is not perfect - as long as it looks good from the front it will work. I used a scrap leftover from the center of a wreath when creating this Christmas card. I throw the small scraps in the Resealable Bags (Z329) I store my cardstock in so I do not have to cut into a larger piece of cardstock.
If you are familiar with the Slice feature in Cricut® Design Space, you could eliminate the need for manual cuts on the Black and Olive cardstock. Where the cuts will be hidden by other layers, the cuts do not have to be perfect.
I wish I had taken more photos during the assembly of this card; this is what I did to crate this card: I layered the Colonial White frame on the Glacier frame. I attached the Saddle card to the frame that supports the pop up and then I placed the Slate "stripe" and the Black "door handle" in the "grooves" left from the cutting. Then I attached the Black wheels.After attaching the wheels, I added the Slate fenders and running board. Then I layered the Flaxen windows behind the Olive roof then attached them to the Saddle card. Then I did my doodling with the journaling pen.
Before I added anything to the inside of my card, I decorated the front, so I would have a flat surface to work on.
I used some Jackson Picture My Life cards. I cut one of the cards approximately in half, used the corner rounder on each half and rotated one of the halves.
I kept the card inside fairly true to the card on the Close To My Heart Make It From Your Heart Blog. I flipped the car because I could see less of the white core of the cardstock from the reverse (and I started inking the edges and was not happy with my work).
I primarily used Close To My Heart products to create my card:
- 12" x 12" Colonial White Daisy Cardstock (1388)
- 12" x 12" Saddle Cardstock (X5928)
- 12" x 12" Black Cardstock (1386)
- 12" x 12" Slate Cardstock (X5930)
- 12" x 12" Olive Cardstock (1245)
- 12" x 12" Glacier Cardstock (X5770)
- Jackson Paper Packet (X7195B)
- Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2105)
- My Acrylix™ Documenting Moments Stamp Set (D1647)
- Picture My Life™ Jackson Scrapbooking Program (Z3068)
- Arrow Embossing Folder (Z1993)
- Corner Rounder (Z1912)
- Marvy® Uchida® LePen™ Journaling Pen (Z1979)
- Sequins Gold Assortment (Z2012)
- Sequins Silver Assortment (Z2013)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- Cricut® Artfully Sent Collection (Z3017) - You're A Classic Pop Up Card - #M1067B4
- Cricut® Design Space and Cricut® Explore
- Glass Cutting Mat, Craft Knife, Metal-edged ruler
- Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive
If you are not already working with a CTMH Independent Consultant, you may purchase all of the supplies I used at my Online Business Address.
Thank you for visiting today.