Sunday, April 23, 2017

Clouds and Last Week for Seasonal Expressions 1

A few days ago I participated in the Cardmaking WYW Blog Hop. A couple of hoppers asked how I created the clouds on a card. I am sorry I did not get a chance to post more information earlier – it has been a busy week. This is the card I created for the blog hop.


I used the stamp sets from Workshops Your Way® Hello Baby Cardmaking Kit (G1123) and Workshops Your Way® Here for You Cardmaking Kit (G1124) to create the card. Both kits are available until April 30 or while supplies last.

If you are interested in creating a scene with clouds, I hope the photos and information below help you create a similar scene using masking, rock and roll and the double-stamping technqiues.

I started by stamping the cloud on a sheet of copy paper. Then I cut out the cloud making sure there were no white edges remaining; you may want to trim a millimeter or two inside the stamped edge. I used copy paper because it is thinner and will help prevent keeping the stamp raised and leaving a white edge where one cloud should be behind another cloud. I place a dab of adhesive on the back of the mask to hold it in place while stamping the adjacent cloud – just be sure to not push too hard which will make it difficult to raise the mask or use temporary adhesive.


The next step is to decide where you want the foreground cloud to be and stamp it. I inked the stamp with Whisper and then rolled the edges in Slate. I used this rock and roll technique many or most times I stamped a cloud. Occasionally I re-inked the stamp and stamped over a cloud to make it even darker.


Place the mask on the cloud you just stamped and then stamp the clouds around it.


On the left and right of the mask you can see the ink from the clouds on either side of the foreground cloud. Here are my clouds with the mask set just above the cloud in the foreground.


Here is my card front (so far) with a few more clouds added. I am not sure I am happy with it yet. I think I could have selected a better placement for a cloud or two. I might create a second mask so I can stamp a few more clouds without stamping over existing clouds.


If you create a card using this technique, please share a link in the comments so we can see other uses for masking, rock and roll and double-stamping.

In the meantime, only one week remains in April. How did that happen? Time flies whether you are having fun or not I guess.


I would like to remind you that on April 30 when the clock strikes 11:59pm in the Mountain Time Zone the products in Seasonal Expressions 1 will no longer be available for purchase. If you have any items on your wish list that appear in SE1, but sure to place your order before the end of the month.

On Sunday, April 9 I posted a list of Seasonal Expressions 1 2017 Retiring Products. Actually the list is of five or so products that will continue to be available after April 30 – you may not see them in Seasonal Expressions 2, but they will be available on my Consultant website.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Have a great Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.