Sunday, June 4, 2017

Father's Day Card

Father's Day is two weeks from today and I am trying to get ahead of the holiday. This will be my first Father's Day since my dad died. I have to admit I am finding it a bit of a challenge to be inspired when it comes to making cards for this holiday. I created this card for my mom to give to my brother.

The front was layered with part of a Picture My Life (PML) card. I cut along the plaid to remove the "Little Man" phrase and added each half to the card front. Then I layered a Zip Strip. I stamped "It's Your Day" right on the card base.


The bear was cut from the woodgrain PML card. I stamped the bear with VersaMark™ and embossed with Gold. The hat was cut from Jack paper and stamped with Slate. The mug was cut from Glacier and stamped with Slate.


I kept the sentiment simple. I stamped on a Zip Strip and dovetailed the ends.

If you would like to create a similar card, all supplies are from Close To My Heart:
I hope you and my brother like this card. Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.