Saturday, June 3, 2017

Little Dreamer Happy Birthday Card

My niece had a birthday over the Memorial Day weekend and this is the card that I created for her.


I needed to purchase some cutting plates for my die cutting machine and while at the store I noticed this die set and it was on sale so I decided to splurge. I thought it would be a creative way to show off pretty papers. The die was easy to use after I finally found some instructions for how to line up the dies to cut the card base. The only instructions I could find were in a YouTube video (the video is for the Thank You Drop-in Set, but the concept is the same). Videos can be a challenge for someone like me with a metered Internet connection; fortunately I had not used too much data this month.

The card base is cut from Glacier cardstock. The full Happy Birthday greeting was cut from White Daisy and then individual letters were highlighted using Tangerine, Thistle, Blossom, Lagoon and Lemon cardstock. Some letters were applied with the E-Z Dots and others with 3D Foam tape.

And the card looks like this when open:


The card is lined with paper from the Little Dreamer paper pack. The sentiment was stamped on a die cut that was in my stash; I think it was cut when I was practicing the sizing of a Cricut cut to coordinate with a stamp, but I do not remember which stamp or cartridge. I use a Resealable Bag (Z329) to keep my White Daisy scraps in so I do not always have to cut into a full sheet of 12" x 12" cardstock when needing smaller piece and I found it in there.

If you would like to create a similar card, here is list of products I used to create this birthday card (all supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted):
I hope you find this card festive. Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.