Sunday, November 1, 2020

CTMH You Warm My Heart SOTM Blog Hop - November 2020

Welcome to the November 2020 SOTM Blog Hop featuring the stamp set You Warm My Heart. This month there are over 20 CTMH Makers sharing projects created with the CTMH Stamp Of The Month You Warm My Heart. Our blog hop is a circle; visiting the next blog (typically via a link near the bottom of the post) will take you back to where you started.

You Warm My Heart SOTM Blog Hop
You Warm My Heart SOTM Blog Hop

You should have arrived here from ***Krista's Crafty Corner by Krista Hershberger***. If you get lost along the way, Melinda Everitt also keeps a list of all participants on her blog at If You Bling It.

You Warm My Heart Stamp Set
I think this is such a cute stamp set. Many of the sneak peeks I've seen created by other CTMH Makers have featured the "disposable" coffee cup, so I decided to go in another direction. I created this wreath using the small floral stamp in the upper middle of the above image.
 
card created for the You Warm My Heart Blog Hop
card created for the You Warm My Heart Blog Hop
To create the wreath shape, I cut a 2¾" circle from scrap cardstock, then I lightly traced around it onto the center of a 3¼" square with pencil. Then I stamped the floral stamp around the circle using the points of the leaves and petals to guide me. I also stamped some extra onto French Vanilla scraps to fussy cut and fill-in and add dimension to the wreath. I colored the petals with the Coral TriBlend™ Marker and the leaves with the Alpine Green TriBlend™ Marker. After coloring the extra stamped images, I fussy cut and layered them using Thin 3-D Foam Tape. It is hard to see in the photo, but I added Glisten Stickles™ Glitter Glue to the center of each flower.
 
To decorate the wreath I used images from the two new Cardmaking Stamp + Thin Cuts in the November–December 2020 Catalog. The bow is from the Serenity—Cardmaking Stamp + Thin Cuts and the banner is from the Jingle Joy—Cardmaking Stamp + Thin Cuts. I stamped with VersaMark™ Ink Pad and heat embossed with Silver Super Fine Embossing Powder.

I used stamps from You Warm My Heart and my stamp platform to create "borders" near the bottom of the Peach cardstock. I had some extra fussy cut flowers, so I gave the lower left corner a little pop with them. 
 
Before you head to ***Lauren Moore's CTMH Craftings***, the supplies I used to create my project are listed below.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

If you are not already working with a CTMH Maker, you may purchase all of the supplies I used at my Maker e-commerce website.

I love to hear what folks think about the items I create. If you have a little time, please leave a comment letting me know what you think of my wreath. I hope you are enjoying the projects created with You Warm My Heart — the November Stamp of the Month. Thank you for hopping with us!

So you do not have to scroll back up, the next stop on the hop is ***Lauren Moore's CTMH Craftings***.

11 comments:

  1. How clever to make a wreath! It’s beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! An original take on this stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful idea and I love the soft pink you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, I just love that you did something totally different with this stamp set! The wreath is gorgeous :) Great thinking "out of the box" for this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the many uses of the stamp set ---and that wreath, such a creative idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word on this wreath! WOW! It's beautiful! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you created the wreath with the flowers! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.