Saturday, August 28, 2021

Isabella Card Workshop - Project 3

I recently created some cards with the Isabella Cardmaking Workshop from Close To My Heart. Some of the phrases did not work for me, or I did not want to create four of exactly the same card, so I shopped my stash to create different phrases on my cards.

cards created with Isabella Cardmaking Workshop
cards created with Isabella Cardmaking Workshop

The card on the left was created following the directions in the Workshop Guide; the card on the right and the two cards below were modified. The card on the right uses "Fabulous" from the Isabella Cardmaking Workshop.

cards created with Isabella Cardmaking Workshop
cards created with Isabella Cardmaking Workshop

The card on the left in the photo above uses "Wonderful" from Shared Happiness Stamp + Thin Cuts (Z3642) and the "Just Because" is from Simple Florals Stamp + Thin Cuts (Z3724).

A couple of other notes about my cards:

When I cut the Isabella patterned paper pieces, I cut along the edges of the squares rather than using the measurements in the Workshop Guide. This allowed me to be certain that I did not have any partial "quilt-block like" images on the top, bottom or sides of that piece.

I also "gutted" the center two "quilt-block like" squares from the Isabella patterned paper piece to use on another project that I hope to be able to share before month's end. Looking at my cards now, I see I could have taken the entire strip out of the center and no one would have been aware since the Ballerina cardstock would have hidden that. The only draw-back to that would be needing to line up the patterned paper, but I do not think that would be very difficult.

I hope you like the changes I made, minor as they are. If you have a few minutes, leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.