Sunday, August 1, 2021

CTMH Tutti Frutti Summer SOTM Blog Hop - August 2021

Welcome to the August 2021 SOTM Blog Hop featuring the stamp set Tutti Frutti Summer. This month we have a few shy of 15 CTMH Makers sharing projects created with the CTMH Stamp Of The Month Tutti Frutti Summer. To see all of the projects keep visiting the next blog (typically via a link near the bottom of the post) to return to the blog where you started.

Tutti Frutti Summer - August 2021 SOTM
Tutti Frutti Summer - August 2021 SOTM

You should have arrived here from ***Show and tell with Michelle***. If you get lost along the way, Melinda Everitt keeps a list of all hop participants on her blog at If You Bling It.

Tutti Frutti Summer Stamp Set
Tutti Frutti Summer Stamp Set

After seeing the layout the CTMH Corporate artists created, I was inspired to use the Distress Oxide™ Inks to create a background for my card.

card created with Tutti Frutti Summer
card created with Tutti Frutti Summer

I cut a piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock to 3" x 5" then colored it from left to right with strips of Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral and Mustard Seed. I used a Ranger Distress Sprayer to mist the surface then used a paper towel to blot the water. I used a Heat Tool to be certain the surface was dry then I stamped the fruit with Black ink. When the ink was dry I added a little green Watercolor Pencil (I did not add water), where the leaves and rinds are.

Because I had a limited amount of space remaining for the sentiment, I turned to my Cricut® Maker™, Cricut® Design Space and the Close To My Heart Cricut® Collections. Using the Cricut also helped me with spacing. I sketched my card design in Design Space then tried out fonts until I found one that I liked with my stamping.

screenshot of Design Space Project
screenshot of Design Space Project

I kept changing my mind about how to place the Green Apple, the light side on the card base or the light side as a shadow to the letters. Sometimes when I changed colors I would have to go into the advanced color area to select the color again so I decided to put color swatches on my project to avoid that.

I knew adding the letters to my project would be a little difficult to center top-to-bottom so I attached a set of letters to a rectangle and cut all of it out. Then I centered the rectangle on the card front and pieced the Green Apple letters through the negative. Then I added the Black letters slightly offset to create a shadow effect. Unfortunately it does not show that well in the photo.

The only cuts I made from the above project are the Green Apple letters and the letters attached to the rectangle cut from Black. All of the other shapes were for my "sketch" or color swatches.

I started another card using Seedless Preserves, but ran out of time to complete it prior to the hop. I will try to share it in a few days.

Before you head to see what the talented ***Darlys Recker*** created, the supplies I used to create my project are listed below.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

If you are not already working with a CTMH Maker, you may purchase all of the supplies I used at my eCommerce website.

I love to read what folks think of my creations. If you have a few moments, please leave a comment letting me know what you think of my card. I hope you are enjoying the projects created with Tutti Frutti Summer. Thanks for hopping with us!

So you do not have to scroll back up, the next stop on the hop is ***Darlys Recker***.

7 comments:

  1. Love your card. The colors and fruit make for a fresh feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh FUN!! I love how you stamped the border multiple times to create a card front...and that distress oxide is perfect!! Love it Brenda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design, love the colors and repeated stamping; so clever to create the shadows on the Cricut cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the oxide inks with the fruit! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.