Sunday, May 19, 2024

Sympathy Card created with Thoughtful Expressions

A former co-worker of my mother's recently passed. She was part of the unofficial retirees group that got together for coffee or lunch. I created this card for my mother to give to her husband.

card created with Thoughtful Expressions Stamp Set and Dies
card created with Thoughtful Expressions Stamp Set and Dies
To create this card I used the Thoughtful Expressions Stamp Set (162815) and Thoughtful Expressions Dies (162821). I stamped the floral spray and hummingbird with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad on Pool Party cardstock then die cut. I die cut a rectangle for the sentiment from Pool Party cardstock with a die from my stash (the die is square, but I used a technique I shared a few months ago to partially cut then realign the die and complete the cutting). I stamped with a sentiment I've had in my stash for awhile. One of the Thoughtful Expressions decorative dies was used to cut Black cardstock and I splattered it with Gold Shimmer Brush. The Zinnia 3D Embossing Folder created a nice background on the Lost Lagoon cardstock. To assemble the card I used a combination of liquid glue, flat adhesive and foam tape to assemble the card.

By the way, the first card I shared this month, now has a sentiment and a home. A birthday snuck up on us. I die cut a cardstock "banner" with a die from my stash then added a sentiment from one of the Craft with Heart™ Cardmaking Subscription Kits previously available from Close to My Heart.

card created with Thoughtful Expressions Stamp Set and Dies
card created with Thoughtful Expressions Stamp Set and Dies
I rarely create cards without a sentiment, but this time I am very happy I did. It saved me a late night. I think I will try to make more cards that just need a sentiment and addressing for the next time special occasions arrive quicker than expected.

I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. It looks like the weather is going to be nice though maybe a little to warmer than I would prefer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.