Thursday, May 22, 2014

31 Weeks Until Christmas

This is week two of my goal to create and post at least one Christmas card each week. This is another card I created using the Cricut® Explore and Cricut® Design Space.

Christmas Card Week 31 - option a

This is the Wish You A Merry Christmas card from the ready-to-make projects in Cricut® Design Space. It is very hard to tell in the photo, but the silver is a shimmery smooth finish cardstock from DCWV. I am not sure if the label on the 12" x 12" stack called it Shimmer or Metallic. The blue paper is from my stash.

Once again, I used the scraps from the card to create this second card.

Christmas Card Week 31 - option b

I used the "original" card as a template, glue with a small applicator and tweeters to help me carefully place the cuts through the "stencil" of the "original" card. Both papers are from my stash.

I tried this card in the envelopes I created for my Week 32 cards; the envelope is a little snug from side-to-side so I enlarged it a little, about 1/8", before cutting. I turned again to the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge to embellish the envelopes. I used the Cricut® Silver Metallic Pen and the Cricut® Midnight Antiquities Pen. I wonder how this would look if I wrote on the card twice, once with each. Hmm, I think I will try that soon.

31 Weeks Envelopes


I hope you enjoyed my cards and envelopes and are considering getting a jump start on creating your own Christmas cards. Thanks for making my blog one of those you visited today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.